1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
5 inches total for 10 rounds standing unsupported is about what I can do with it, all rounds are centered slightly high and right (2 inches high and one right) for three groups attempted. If I rested it and used a better target I would think I can get it down to 2-3 inches and more centered as well. If you want I can give it a real attempt at 25 yard grouping since this new range actually has the lighting I need to do so.
Thanks for the offer...I'm not really in the market for an X9 (not until I get too old to shoot my WC-CC maybe far in the future ;-)), so it is just an intellectual curiosity for me vs other WC-1911's. You may recall, I posted a target with one of my TEs I shot a 5 round, 2" free standing slow fire group 25y - just about perfectly centered (naturally with a 4" gun it becomes more of a challenge so wouldn't expect the same)...But it is a lot of effort, so only do it if you personally have a need to "know" what the X9 can do at 25Y...But thanks again my Friend!

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
COSMETICS/FIT/WEAR: Wear pattern continued

Takedown is the same as any modern bull barrel 1911, nothing odd. I will not the gun seems to pile up less carbon than .45 1911s but I am not sure how much of that is due to the altered design vs caliber.

Slide stop wear looks okay, not as even on the feet as I would like to see but centered and symmetrical overall. Note the far longer and wider lever than normal, it makes mag changes way easier to finish up than other, smaller options.

Wear on the rails is not even, the centers area of each "nub" seem to have more contact than the outsides and they are not hand polished like they normally are on a Wilson 1911. Plunger tube is also non-standard and I believe it is integrated to the frame. Note the mag catch on the right hand side (side with the lock) is slightly over flush and again lacks the seamless transition to the frame that the true 1911s have. Also note the frame contour is different and the increased trigger width the X9 has vs a normal 1911.

Recoil abutment wear pattern is surprisingly light and perfectly centered and even, no complaints there at all.

Muzzle as seen from the side, again note how the plug and barrel are both not flush with the end of the slide and the barrel in particular is not really "seamless" with the flush cut crown vs a CQB would be. I wouldn't go so far as to call it sloppy but it's for sure not up to the standard of Wilsons other guns. Chamfering is done well and there is no abrasion up front. Ball endmill cuts DO LINE UP for those that raise hell over that feature.......

Underside of the slide has decent wear, there is some contact with the frame but overall it is minor. The barrel only has a single lug and the wear seems even as well but I would have preferred to see a normal three lug setup since it lends better to handling comps (I still wish this gun had it's comped barrel option available already...)

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Breach-face is good and centered, the external extractor is weird and doesn't allow controlled round feed and requires a mag to be inserted for the gun to extract properly but it technically works. I do not prefer it personally since it is harder to clean and more likely to lose parts in the process but I guess it functions better with 9mm so I digress.

The barrel wore in well, I see nothing wrong at all and all contact patterns are symmetrical and even. The chamber got quite dirty as did the ramp and it show an interesting path the bullets take on their feed journey vs a normal gun. They are being funneled into the chamber vs "handed" up and in, much more similar to how a modern pistol feeds relying on the round kinda falling into the right zone with the parts all forming a "cone" of sorts that the bullets follow. This system is easier to get right and more tolerant of things being out of spec vs a the feed system in a true 1911, I don't really care what system is used as long as it works but I will say the true system is far more fun to hand cycle rounds super slowly with.

Frontstrap, the X-tac cut is done extremely consistently and is non-abrasive to hold and doesn't snag on anything. However in terms of mechanical traction it falls behind 25 LPI and is slippery compared to 20 LPI, functionally it works very well even with oily hands but I still prefer traditional checkering even though the latter is more "fragile" if slammed into something. My only real "gripe" is that you can clearly tell these are machine made, there is no human touch at all and on the contrary you can see the angular way the mill cut these. Also! Note the missmatch of the grip panel and frame, the grips overhang the area between the frontstrap grip treatment and the trigger guard noticeably. The triggerguard undercut is well done and perfectly comfortable. The rest of the grip/frame area is very well aligned.

Heel of the gun is HUGE. Even with the rounding of the end this makes the EDC X9 far larger in this critical area than a true compact size 1911, the plus side is that the magwell opening is simply freaking massive and reloads are a joke in terms of effort compared to even a magwell equipped single stack gun. This is actually not something that can be changed due to how the gun back-strap locks in and interfaces with the grips and the frame, I also would like to note I wish the blend of the frame/grips/back-strap was better done. The fit is again not bad by any definition but not the usual seamless flow I have become accustomed to seeing.

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

The new adjustable battlesights, I like the little WC logo on the right-hand side of the rear sight and I am also pleased to note the rear sight held up well to belt/shoe/table/wall/floor one handed racking with no loss of zero or damage. I have destroyed lesser sights with this testing in the past so this is something that I like seeing a set of sights perform well in and hold up to. Note how the eyesore of the external extractor is lessened but the nice boarder it has in the slide, it's also nice and smooth so I can almost forgive it for not being inside the gun where I prefer them to be. There is also yet another WC logo (I swear they are making SURE that you can see at least one logo from any angle) leading into the tri-cut top of slide and it's anti-glare serrations. Also note that the extractor is held in via set screw instead of a satanic roll pin, no joke if it WAS a roll pin I probably would have lost my proverbial $#!% since I legitimately hate those. Lastly note the top of slide serrations near the front sight, they are clean but not as elegant as those on a typical Wilson 1911 since they lack the gradual "step" up to the front sight and progressively shorter lines near the outer edges of the formation of lines. This is nitpicking to the extreme but I know what I like.......and this is a facsimile of the style I have come to rate as "normal" on this brand.

Here is the X-frame system, the EDC X-9 breaks down similarly to a 1911 with the glaring exception that reassembly is a massive PITA thing the mainspring module is slid into the frame on the back section under the backstrap and you then have to press the hammer strut downward in a very odd and VERY particular way to be able to get the hammer pin back in. I greatly prefer a normal 1911 for detail stripping and have no issue taking a normal gun apart this far and back in under 5 minutes but the X9 take easily 3x as long due to the stupid fact that some parts are held in by tension that make re-installation of other parts difficult. This is not a gun I will be playing with mainspring weights on or adjusting sear springs at the range since it is too easy to screw up putting it back together vs a traditional gun. All internal areas are very well machined but they all have a "cold" angular look/feel to them that is nothing like the "warm" and almost organic lines of a traditional 1911 that is best exemplified in Nighthawk guns. This is not a functional problem whatsoever but I thought I would point out what the gun makes me "feel" when inspecting it. The sear spring and mainspring module are the only non-1911 internal parts, everything else like the sear and disco are standard and can be tuned and adjusted as normal to user preferences. I polished the disco and sear lightly to help remove the "false wall" the gun had and also made adjustments to the disco and sear legs to lower the weight down to 3.5, this is not something most would do to a practically NIB $3000+ but I was fairly confident I would not screw it up and I did not.

Rating, 8.3/10: The EDC X9 has very good wear patterns but falls short of the superb fit and blend of true high end 1911s. Regardless it is still a finer made gun than 95% of all guns out there.

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
FUNCTIONALITY

Carry use

Well this section is going to be interesting.......I am going to look at the EDC X9 in two ways in terms of being a carry gun and how well it does in this role. The first way is I am going to look at it's ability and performance FOR ME according to my requirements and metrics and the second is going to be from the perspective of most shooters at large. I am going to lead with what I personally think about the X9 as a carry gun since it is easier for me to tell you something that is subjective fact vs my theory of what the gun is subjectively.

CARRY USE FOR ME

The EDC X9 is useless to me as a carry gun. Sorry but that's the plain truth. To elaborate on this I will start with the #1 most major issue I have with the gun being the fact it is larger than I can conceal effectively. This is directly due to the fact that while the "absolute" dimensions are the same on paper as a normal compact 1911 in reality the X9 prints worse than a bob-tailed fullsize gun due to the heel of the frame being quite long and wide. I carry near my centerline (appendix but biased more toward 12 o'clock) for a multitude of reasons ranging from increased weapon awareness, better weapon retention, an easier and more consistent draw from a larger variety of stances and positions, enhanced comfort, far less chance of being "bump checked" or having the gun give off a "clang" if tapped on something and lastly the ability to conceal the gun with only a light shirt with ZERO printing regardless of my body position. I have found that other positions compromise far too much in terms of weapon awareness and retention while also not being able to conceal as completely. The EDC X9 automatically fails my requirements as a primary (all year, all weather, all activity) carry gun since it can only avoid the heel of the gun printing if I wear a nicer button down shirt since otherwise when I turn my torso to the left the heel will print.

As you can see above the X9 is NOT a compact size gun and is in actual practice much more like a bob-tail commander in terms of footprint due to the longer frame. This is the primary reason the gun is automatic "no go" for my uses and is the same reason I do not have a magwell on my main carry as much as I would like the reduced effort and increased consistency they allow. You would think that my usual gun would be harder to conceal with the longer comped barrel but it is actually more comfortable on top of being the easier gun to hide.

The other MASSIVE issue I have with the X9 is that it is SLOWER and LESS accurate than my main carry gun as I have clearly outlined above in the shooting performance section of this review. Even though the X9 is a 9mm gun I was unable to match the speed and accuracy of my main carry using FULL POWER HST+P ammo with underpowered 115g 9mm range ammo trying harder with the X9 with also more shots and overall time behind the X9 during the time each video was shot for each gun. Now with over 3800 rounds on my carry comp there is literally no hope of the X9 ever even tying it for speed/accuracy. There is ZERO incentive for me to get fewer, less effective rounds on target less accurately in a gun that is harder to conceal. It would make absolutely no sense for me to objectively downgrade ALL my performance metrics just to have more rounds in the gun and less weight. On the issue of weight I really couldn't care less, I don't really ever get annoyed at my main gun and while the X9 was so light it was as if I was not wearing anything at all there is really no point. I am comfortable with the weight as is and the X9 only served to make me more comfortable but not in a way that actually improved the carry experience enough to matter. I also lost the ability to carry a spare mag since while a 1911 mag can be carried totally flat with no printing the X9 double stack mag DOES print even in my lowest profile holder so I would be forced to again dress around the gun or accept the spare printing. This would then make it so that I would very often have ONLY the ammo in the gun with no spares, with my main carry I can easily carry up to 3 spares and always have at least one, this is not an issue in winter with a coat since I can legit carry 4 spare DS mags but when I am doing that I would and do carry my Shadow Tac II instead.

Lets summarize, the X9 is Slower, Less accurate, Less easy to conceal, Less easy to bring spare mags along, and uses a less effective round. For me the gun is a failure as a primary but does perform a key and critical role, this gun is now my GO TO stand in gun if my main carry is not available. Before this I would use my G19 or NHC T3 but both of those guns are outperformed and out carried by the X9 hands down. If the X9 featured a comp and somehow a little shorter of a grip I would actually say the gun would be carry perfection since I would then be able to load it with 9mm major and have effectively 16 rounds of .357 magnum and the ability to shoot it as fast as a .22 handgun. Until this becomes an option the X9 is relegated to being my 2nd best option instead of the replacement I was hoping for it to be.

Rating, 7.5/10: This is a good carry gun, but it fall short of perfection and will not be able to unseat my personal epitome of carry effectiveness I have found in my Wilson CCC.

CARRY USE FOR YOU*

This gun is the answer. The answer to the endless quest. The EDC X9 is THE gun that almost everyone and I mean EVERYONE I have let shoot it wants as their 100% every day carry, all "testers" have been blown away by how well the gun performs vs the options they normally carry. It is lighter. It is faster. It is far more accurate than they are used to and it WORKS without any extra user knowledge of the platform or "excessive" maintenance. The EDC X9 is so much lighter than you would expect that people who normally are VERY weight sensitive (my dad) actually liked it so much he remarked he forgot it was there a few times. This weight advantage cannot be overstated if you are at all concerned with how much you haul around or if you have back problems that cause you discomfort. This gun is the result of having an "unlimited" budget and freedom to design a gun that would be the perfect every day carry gun for almost everyone. When a hardliner Glock guy say he would rather have an X9 over his ZEV you know they did something right......add in how comfortable the gun is both to carry and in the hand and you have a long term winner.

Rating, 9/10: The EDC X9 is basically the current standard of carry perfection for most people. Very few guns exist at all that can compare and the ones that do edge it out are truly outlandish options that are seldom seen.

Range of use

The EDC X9 when ordered with a rail is very versatile, there are many uses and I know for a fact that several people on this forum carry the gun all day and throw a light on the rail for HD use at home. Since the gun is light yet handles fairly well and has the ability to mount add-ons the only thing the gun really can't do well is mount a suppressor since a threaded barrel would be kinda a long and arduous deal to have made for the gun. There are already aftermarket options for red dot type optics with factory options on the way as well as comped versions according responses I have gotten before from WCR. Once all versions of the X9 are fully rolled out I think there will be a version for every use one could have. The gun can be used in IPDA with light changes for CCP and I think it can be used in ESP as is if memory serves, in USPSA it's going to be at a disadvantage since it would be forced into limited due to the SA firing system and for 3-gun it would do relatively well. Overall the EDC X9 is a 1911ish version of the Glock 19 in terms of what you can do with it, it will never beat something that is built around a certain use but will do almost everything very well.

Rating, 8/10: The X9 is a very flexible gun since it has the capacity most like to have these days, is light enough to carry and not get in the way, and the performance is high enough that it will keep up in nearly all uses if the user is skilled.

Weight/convenience/maintenance

Well this is a segment the X9 is gonna do very well in, the gun is so light that I can not personally discern a weight difference between it and a G26 when I am holding both. Practically like holding air. The gun is also very easy for even a non-technical person to maintain and keep running, just add lube and keep going. The only real thing you would need to pay more attention to vs something like a Glock is to remember to replace the firing pin spring every 5000 rounds for safety since the gun is a S70 type firing system.

Effectiveness in intended roll

Rating, 9/10: I think it would be clear that the EDC X9 nailed the role the designers intended it to fill. I am just overly picky.

Final thoughts

There you have it, the hype train and the actual item of all the interest. I think the EDC X9 lives up to the hype very well and in all objective ways is a fantastic example of a gun that was extensively thought through to fulfill a very well predefined goal. Wilson Combat set out to create the ultimate every day carry gun for the carrying masses at large, I think they succeeded. Personally I had too high of an expectation going into things because I had not used a Wilson in 9mm and for whatever reason I thought it would have much less recoil than it did. My experience was a simple case of over-inflated expectations but don't let that detract from how awesome this gun really is.

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I hope you guys enjoyed reading this, sorry it took so long but I had a way more difficult workweek than normal and I just couldn't focus well enough during the weekdays to write something coherent. I am not 100% sure what I am going to cover next but I think it will be something other than a 1911 since those reviews are shorter for me to write, there is a used Wilson ADP near me that is calling my name.......

·
Registered
669 Posts
Work? Between being on the forum & writing reviews then all the shooting you do when do you have time for work? I get it your job is participating in a sleep study!

·
Super Moderator
14,339 Posts
I hope you guys enjoyed reading this, sorry it took so long but I had a way more difficult workweek than normal and I just couldn't focus well enough during the weekdays to write something coherent. I am not 100% sure what I am going to cover next but I think it will be something other than a 1911 since those reviews are shorter for me to write, there is a used Wilson ADP near me that is calling my name.......
I particularly enjoy your range reports, and if this one represents not being able to be focused and coherent on your part, then you are definitely ahead of the game of balancing work with hobbies. We will all have a certain bias in evaluation based on our own physical, mental, and aesthetic preferences, but your reports are factual, well thought out, well articulated, and presented in a way that gives some basis for measurement that I personally think they are some of the best range reviews of various guns that have appeared on this forum for quite some time. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
Striker: "The other MASSIVE issue I have with the X9 is that it is SLOWER and LESS accurate than my main carry gun as I have clearly outlined above in the shooting performance section of this review. Even though the X9 is a 9mm gun I was unable to match the speed and accuracy of my main carry using FULL POWER HST+P ammo with underpowered 115g 9mm range ammo trying harder with the X9 with also more shots and overall time behind the X9 during the time each video was shot for each gun. Now with over 3800 rounds on my carry comp there is literally no hope of the X9 ever even tying it for speed/accuracy. There is ZERO incentive for me to get fewer, less effective rounds on target less accurately in a gun that is harder to conceal. It would make absolutely no sense for me to objectively downgrade ALL my performance metrics just to have more rounds in the gun and less weight."

Granted, as you indicated, the above comments are about (your) personal choice, but it is a fine expose about the pro's and con's of any 2 guns. One has to go beyond the obvious (extra rounds) and look at speed, accuracy, and round for round firepower. You made a great point about the ease of carrying 1911 mags, and in the rare-instance (statistics support that reloads in civilian SD are indeed very rare), reloading is a very viable option...I'm not saying everyone should come to the same conclusion, but each shooter is wise to look at all these attributes, when making a carry-choice...As for me, I am a big fan of comped-45 and have backed up my belief with 2, a WC-Carry comp, and an STI-CC. We have a lawsuit in Federal Court to get carry rights in NJ, so it is coming in a couple of years. The STI has more rounds, but the WC is a tighter carry package, they will work well together here over the 4 season's we have and the different attires...And it looks like after almost 2 months of 70, 80, and 90% humidity, I am finally going to shoot them again, Thursday and Friday, two gorgeous days of mid-50's humidity. Hooray! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I enjoyed your review. Your perceptions are spot on with my experiences. Yes, it is a nice gun and probably a better gun than 95% can appreciate. For me, the trigger is its downfall. For my edcs, it is a distant 3rd in overall trigger. My Novak commander and DW ECO have substantially better triggers. They are also much more accurate in my hands. My Gen 5 19s with Taran internals, are substantially faster and higher scoring in any drill I do on a regular basis. I have taken the X9 out of the carry rotation since it does not provide any benefit over any of my existing edcs.

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
UPDATE

I shot about 200 rounds of Gold dot G2 ammo now plus 1000 more ball rounds since the former are very hard to feed, the gun is still perfect in terms of function and is quickly becoming my favorite 9mm carry. Speed is also up a lot, reloads are way faster than any 1911 by a longshot and I have now memorized the recoil impulse.

Accuracy is good too, not quite on the level of a full size gun but I am pleased all things considered. Below is 25 yards shot in that new range I talked about that actually has good lighting. Excuse my lack of skill but the gun itself does well. It prints about half as well as my CQB 9mm (the king right now along with the CZ Shadow)

I can say without hesitation that if this gun was compensated I would ditch .45 for good as my carry caliber.

·
Super Moderator
14,339 Posts
Good to hear Striker. This gun is a little different in a few ways than the traditional 1911 in the way it feels and handles under live fire, but taking a little time with it to work it at the range pays off well for its designed and intended purpose. I really love mine, and will probably transition to it at some point, albeit some time down the road at this point.

As a side note, as I have shot mine more recently I have become noticeably better with it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for the in depth review. I have recently acquired an EDC X9 and was very interested in reading your thoughts. I am finding that I am enjoying it more and more each time that I shoot it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Probably the most definitive review of a pistol I have ever read!
I ordered my X9 unseen direct from Wilson last April because it fit my requirement for a high cap 1911 pattern pistol. Would have preferred 38 Super or 357 SIG.
When I recieved it, out to the range, accurate, 100% functioning right out of the soft case.
Ran all the mags I purchased along with it, into the Alabama OffSide Holster that I had to send a BlueGun for a correct fit.
It has been in that holster ever since, replacing a Sig Nightmare Carry in 357 as an EDC.
I have no problem with the trigger or any other features except I wish it had two rear Tritium dots!
My first Wilson and i am impressed.
No matter what the genre, usually the reviewer details the faults according to his/her perceptions and then terms the item a POS compared to custom or to a collectable that is ancient in terms of production. But after your review you seem to have come to what I would term correct conclusions.
-Richard

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow! Great detailed review. Way above my pay grade and weapon intelligence.

Ordered this pistol three months ago and hope that they have made some quality control improvements since your review.

All I have read and viewed has been extremely positive. However, no one did more that 'Field Strip' and replace grips.

WC has a great maintenance video that replaced all springs and Shok-buff. Re-build looked very easy.

Craig

·
Registered
247 Posts
Would Magnaporting or something similar help with recoil/recovery? I have shot comps on my .460 Rowland and know they are more effective than porting. I have never had a Magnaported gun so I don’t know how effective they would be and personally I ain’t adding any holes to my X9 but it is something I was wondering about after your excellent review

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Would Magnaporting or something similar help with recoil/recovery? I have shot comps on my .460 Rowland and know they are more effective than porting. I have never had a Magnaported gun so I don’t know how effective they would be and personally I ain’t adding any holes to my X9 but it is something I was wondering about after your excellent review
I think it would work well, I have a Glock 32C that is used as a cheap (got it for $275) vehicle gun since the round doesn't suffer from the ports and still performs well against car bodies and doesn't require the usual 1 inch increase in length a Glock comp adds. Shoots flatter than my G19 with more power so aside from the foot long lances of fire its great.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Wow, what a fantastic review! Striker, seriously, you should have a Youtube gig going. Most of the reviews on Youtube aren't 1/4 as good as yours are. Your photography, the words, the objectivity, and the conclusions are all spot on, and fun to read. Plus, I've seen you shoot on your videos, and you do that expertly too. A year from now, I'll turn on Channel 604 ("Lock and Load Thursday") on Thursday night and see your TV show.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Massively excellent review. :rock:

Outstanding detail and insight. Folks may or may not share the experiences nor may they agree with them....but I feel that everyone can benefit from your postings on this gun.

Far too often the range reviews are simple...."went to the range today, ran two boxes through XYZ gun in caliber ABC. Love the gun." There's little substance to them to better understand a person's familiarity of the weapon (for example: "Gun ran poorly" only to find out the person has zero experience with the type of gun: 1911, striker fired, SA/DA, revolver, etc). Type of grip used, distance, wind/weather and often are missing. Accuracy expectations, normal accuracy, etc, etc.

You nailed all of these......and gave us pics.....glorious pics. Videos, too. Very helpful.

I'm far from finished reading through it all.

I began reading from my iPhone prior to falling asleep last night. I didn't view the videos due to being in bed with my bride and not wanting to disturb her....although a few range videos would have been enjoyed. :biglaugh:

I've had time to get some coffee and get further into it this morning. Very interesting.

Thank you for taking the time to share this on the forum.

The WC EXC X9 is a gun that's been on my radar for a while. I tend to carry commander 1911s and enjoy shooting them. That being said....a higher capacity 9mm is not a bad thing.....especially one that carries in very similar fashion as the commanders that I enjoy.

I've carried a Gen4 G19 for a few years and have to admit that I respect the gun immensely. It has run flawlessly. It rides nicely in a MS Criterion and has been more fun on the range than I ever expected. Big hands here, so the large beavertail backstrap and a GAP floorplate work best for me....but long range sessions do present some blisters due to cramped hand. I think the Gen5 version may work even better for me since the dreaded fingergrooves are gone. I hate fingergroove grips on any handgun. I see them on a 1911 and can't help but cringe. :biglaugh: To each his own. I don't like my hand cramped by them.

Yessir, I really like the idea of 9mm carry gun with 15+1 capability.

I really liked the CZ75 in terms of feel in hand and SA accuracy, but the overall size of the gun and ultimately the DA/SA transition didn't work for me.

I've tried on different occasions to embrace the P220 & P226 series. As much as I wanted to love 'em....I simply never developed the skill with them that I felt was warranted. The G19 or commanders were way more accurate on draw, first shot and followup shots. By a large margin. Classic Sigs...as much as I wanted to love 'em....just not my thing.

I'd always thought I'd give a Hi Power a try. The times I've shot them have been very interesting. The three I've fired each had vastly different sights, grips and trigger feels. I felt confident that were I to get one set up to my liking that it may dominate my carry guns to the point of exclusion of others, lol. Turns out I waited too long and missed that ship. I'm not interested in trying to source parts & guru's for an out of production gun. Clones from Turkey hold zero interest to me.

The Dan Wesson DWX and the smaller carry version are of interest. It'll be cool to see what they come up with.

The WC EDC X9 is appealing to me, though. Small enough to have good carry comfort, large enough to handle well and tote an impressive payload. Lifetime warranty from a company that is well known for doing things right by it's customers.

Large hands....but the grips & trigger seem to offer changeability to accommodate.

I wish the gun was steel framed....but that's just my own hangup. Truth is the reduced weight will be welcome and as stated, WC will stand behind it for life so my hangup is really a moot point.

Last night from my initial cellphone read I was puzzled about the initial targets you posted. The test targets I've seen that accompany these guns are one-hole groups for the most part. Yours were not as tight and I was unable to see the posting so well from my cellphone.

Everything made perfect sense later this morning when I had the benefits of coffee and my laptop where I could not only read the content better but could watch the videos without bothering sleeping folks.

The rate of fire of the videos fully explained the grouping. You were going at it superfast. Videos explained it all.

I've surprised at the initial trigger feel. You dealt with it and obtained what must be a super feel. 3.5lbs & crisp is super in my opinion.

My only hangups on the gun was being able to find one locally to handle....determine what trigger & grip config is perfect for me......and then peeling of the ~ $3,000 skins that these gems cost.

The last consideration I'd have to make is if I'd want rail or not.

Well......I'm now heading back to the review and watching the videos. :rock:

21 - 40 of 43 Posts