1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would I go about stripping the finish from my Valor frame? I like two tone auto's, and would like to do this to mine. Thanks for any help, Dave

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm not going to recommend anything to strip the finish off, but will suggest if you like the 2 tone look, send the frame of to be hard chromed.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Find someone to beadblast it. Look through Dave Severns posts. He posted a pic of one he did.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I like hard chrome too but, depending on the use of the gun, it might be overkill. Don't know where twister1969 lives but there's a better chance of getting bead-blasting done locally and that's very nice stainless under the Valor black coating. I'm all about cost-effective.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to strip the frame with chemicals, versus bead blasting. I'm afraid the blasting would round some of the edges. Iwould like the frame to stay the same, just silver. Thanks for all the help, Dave

·
Registered
167 Posts
If I were you I would be calling Dan Wesson and talking directly to them. The last thing you want to do is put the wrong chemical on your DW and have it turn into trash.
I am NOT kidding about calling DW!!!
It would bring tears to my eyes if you destroyed a Valor!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts