1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on stripping the blueing of my Norinco then I am going to parkerize it. I have always liked the look of the 2-tone 1911. My question is if I strip the blueing off, is it possible to leave it bare metal? Would I have to treat it with anything?
Thanks in advance!

------------------
The defensive firearm is a special-purpose piece of safety rescue equipment, designed to extricate a person . . . from the immediate threat of savagely violent crime. It is like the fire extinguisher. . . . Neither piece of equipment will do you any good if you don't know how to use it or are not psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands in a terror situation.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Would I
have to treat it with anything?
Leaving it bare would look awful and would be highly prone to rusting. Why not have the slide Hard Chromed, it's reasonable and very durable.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I definitely would not leave it bare because it will surely rust in places you miss. Hard chrome is a good choice, so is electroless nickel. Nickel is a couple of points softer than hard chrome, but it will last longer because it's "slicker". I suspect some of you guys will find that statement goofy, but I read some pretty heavy test reports re HC vs Nickel and I was really amazed. I've since had several pieces done in nickel and the owners really like the finish...so do I.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've seen several pistols left "in the white". What they look like depends on how willing the owner is to polish and keep them clean. I've seen some beautiful examples...and some not so beautiful examples....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts