1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rant mode on:

I ordered a holster from Haugen some weeks ago and was told it shipped Saturday. It didn't show up again today. Grrrrr.

Gerry assures me it shipped on time and to the correct address and that the post office is swamped and slow with the holidays. I believe him and it's not his fault in any way, but it's still pretty irritating. I hate waiting...

:rant mode off:

On a cool note, he said they lined it with Kangaroo leather at no extra charge. I can't wait to see this as I was concerned about finish wear on my new Warrior. I would guess that a smooth inside should keep wear to a minimum.

· Registered
757 Posts
Worried about wear on your new Warrior - keep it in the safe!:) Now about this kangaroo leather - is it made from the Kangaroo's pouch? ...that would be funny. I may be missing something, but wouldn't lining the holster mean lining the OUTSIDE edges - not the inside? WHy would use exotic leather on the INSIDE of a holster? Maybe it's the snow here in the NE - cabin fever. Post some pics of the kangaroo lined inside of your holster when it arrives!:scratch:

· Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think what he did was put kangaroo leather on the inside because it's soft. I think. I guess we'll find out whenever it shows up!

I think I'm going to tell people the leather comes from the Kangaroo's pouch whether it really does or not. Pretty funny.

· Registered
1,305 Posts
Tim K said:
I think what he did was put kangaroo leather on the inside because it's soft. I think. I guess we'll find out whenever it shows up!

I think I'm going to tell people the leather comes from the Kangaroo's pouch whether it really does or not. Pretty funny.

Hey Tim, I have been tracking my shipments for years. Ge the tracking number and find out where exactly your gear is at this moment in time.

Anyway, UPS/FEDX etc. make it so easy these days because they do not want to answer the phone anymore.

· Registered
1,305 Posts
Tim K said:
It was shipped via priority mail - no tracking

I'm hopeful for today.
I know what you mean. The last time I used US mail a couple of months ago the box cost 20 bucks to ship and took 14 days to go from Ca. to Main.

I was going nuts thinking it was lost. And with no easy way to check I will never use them again.

good luck!

· Registered
95 Posts
I cannot recall an instance where a holster took more than 3-5 days to get to a customer. However, I've had leather samples recently shipped via USPS priority mail from Denver starting 2 weeks ago that I've still not received. And they've shipped them out on 3 different occasions.....

· Registered
7,462 Posts
TimK,
What's the website for " Haugen "? Recently got my CCW and am contemplating a lot of diff holsters and everything is worth taking a look at. Thanks, Tracy

· Banned
501 Posts
About 18 months ago, I dropped 6-8 holsters in a "Blue box" and none ever made it to their destination...turns out a guy was chaining his truck to boxes and stealing them in our town. The police busted him but I never saw a holster get returned......I had to remake them. You never know whats gonna happen.
The post office couldnt do anything because I didnt have them insured..........
Shoot well.

· Banned
849 Posts
Tim K said:
:rant mode on:
I can't wait to see this as I was concerned about finish wear on my new Warrior. I would guess that a smooth inside should keep wear to a minimum.
The warrior comes with the shake and bake finish doesn't it? It should resist holster wear pretty well. But even if it doesn't, a concealed carry gun is not the same thing as a Safe Queen. In my mind, the more carry wear a handgun has (not speaking of rust or abuse), the more serious the guy who's carrying it looks. A brand new gun in brand new leather looks like a brand new shooter. Nothing wrong with being a new shooter-------I love it when people discover the shooting sports and also take their families protection seriously. But don't sweat the carry wear, it comes with the territory. Just watch for rust.
JM

· Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JM,

My daily carry, a Kimber Ultra Carry II, is pretty blue worn, and I like it that way. Five years in the holster and thousands of practice draws have taken all the edges off the finish.

The warrior is so pretty, I really don't want it to get too worn looking. On the plus side, I'll probably not carry it often so the finish is likely to hold up well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.