1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well now I have to think a minute my Son .
Oh yea , you need to remove the Mainspring housing first by driving the pin out with a correct sized punch this releives pressure from the Hammer strut . Then attempt to remove the left side ( looking from rear ) side by wiggling it and pulling it outwards . If this fails use a small flat screwdriver to assist in pulling it out . After you get the left side out just rotate the right side portion upwards out of the small groove in the pin . Its easy just a little like a Rubics Cube game at first . Good luck . You can do it with the mainspring in place but its sometimes easier removing it first .

·
Registered
285 Posts
P.S. the only stupid question is the one left unasked . How would you learn things , I know I dont know it all I am still asking .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JAFO216........Thanks for the reply, it was the wiggle pull part that was giving me fits.Finally got it to come loose (not as easy as the manual implies) Picked up a blued single side safety & a regular length slide stop at a gunshow today for $16. I will never have the ambi safety problem again

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Those parts replacements were a very smart move.

I don't have anything personal against ambi safties, but my thumb seems to like to rest on extended slide stops. Not a good thing if one expects the slide to lock back on an empty mag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts