1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,378 Posts
Yes, and if you are lucky they will work nearly as well as the 7-round magazines the gun was designed for. I keep 8-round mags for IDPA competition but they require frequent tinkering. My business gun gets a 7-shot I have no doubts about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Although actually its kind of a moot point - I decided I'm not gonna spend 30$ for a high-quality 8 rounder when what I really want is a basic 7 round GI style I can get for 10$. I'm more of a collector who shoots than anything, and if I can't get an original USGI mag I want as close as possible.

Of course, the only problem is that there's 2 gun stores in Winnipeg and neither of them stock 1911 mags....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nyles said:
Of course, the only problem is that there's 2 gun stores in Winnipeg and neither of them stock 1911 mags....
That's the reason Algore invented the internet :scratch:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Bula said:
7 rounds is plenty. Check Natchez's site, Chip Mccormick Shooting Star's are a steal. I'm thinking less than $10 (usd)
A capable 1911 shooter doesn't need more than one round. I can rapidfire that one round into a single hole at 25 yards in a fraction of a second. No ragged edges on the target either. And I can do it with either hand.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Stick with 7 rounders

As mentioned earlier, the best way to get reliable peformance from an 8 round mag is to buy one designed as an 8 rounder. The "new and improved" follower design is a crap shoot in most guns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.