1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got one for my wife. But when I was firing it I noticed it was slide locking whit a half full mag. Gonna run some more ammo through it and see what happens. Anyone got one or any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

------------------
Have you hugged your 1911 today?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Picked up an M9 for my sweety a little over a year or so back... Nice guns.

I was very interested in the "S" series when they announced them, but for now, I can't get import one into the occupied territory.

Ensure that you're not bumping the slide release up on recoil, ride it with the weak thumb is necessary.

Try to see if it's consistent, and report back... Good luck.

Moving to Troubleshooting!

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Sounds like you are hitting the slide lock on recoil with your hands. Try resting your right thumb on top of the slide lock or tape it down. If it still jams, you have a gun problem. It if goes away, it was operator induced.

I cut the slide lock tab off so I can’t hit it. The damn thing couldn’t go to slide lock with my thumb on it. A cutoff wheel fixed that little glitch...

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought of that, "operator induced." But me and my shooting buddy both shoot it and checked each other and it's not us. So it's either a "break in" thing or mechanical.

------------------
Have you hugged your 1911 today?

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Still broken? Let me know if it is. I will be TDY to Bragg next month and I might be able to take a look and see whats up. Our combined brain power might fix it...

Tom
AF Shooting Team

1 - 6 of 6 Posts