1911Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very late post here, but this is a good thread for someone researching EDC. And I’m curious.

@Lar70, how is that Kimber shooting and carrying? Also, what are you using to carry your 238? Mine is in a crossbreed mini tuck, and it’s like a part of my body. In and out of car, comfortable for hours, use with my lululemon shorts, sweatpants, and yoga pants. Ok my wife is laughing anyway.

I used to carry in one of those sticky rubber like holsters …Desantis Nemesis??? in small of back, and pockets occasionally. To hell w printing. I thought that bugger was gonna fall out at the grocery store sometimes!

As far as being TC (tactically correct), .22LR may not pass muster. Or .380 for that matter. Tactical ain’t always practical. I say wear what’s comfortable and shoot it routinely. My uncle began carrying a Ruger SR22 in his last years; he could rack the slide on it, and he retired the P220. He’s passed away, and I have that pistol and some holster options he had also. It’s nice! Made right down East (several hundred miles) in Mayodan. But similar footprint to my 365x, so no impetus to carry it over the sig.

We do the best we can to carry adequate self defense for our women or families or communities. But sometimes there may be options, like in the way of holsters, that make carrying something a lot easier than previously thought. That’s my experience, anyway. Maybe it’s just all this COVID blubber lol

Happy Thanksgiving y’all -

·
Registered
234 Posts
Very late post here, but this is a good thread for someone researching EDC. And I’m curious.

@Lar70, how is that Kimber shooting and carrying? Also, what are you using to carry your 238? Mine is in a crossbreed mini tuck, and it’s like a part of my body. In and out of car, comfortable for hours, use with my lululemon shorts, sweatpants, and yoga pants. Ok my wife is laughing anyway.

I used to carry in one of those sticky rubber like holsters …Desantis Nemesis??? in small of back, and pockets occasionally. To hell w printing. I thought that bugger was gonna fall out at the grocery store sometimes!

As far as being TC (tactically correct), .22LR may not pass muster. Or .380 for that matter. Tactical ain’t always practical. I say wear what’s comfortable and shoot it routinely. My uncle began carrying a Ruger SR22 in his last years; he could rack the slide on it, and he retired the P220. He’s passed away, and I have that pistol and some holster options he had also. It’s nice! Made right down East (several hundred miles) in Mayodan. But similar footprint to my 365x, so no impetus to carry it over the sig.

We do the best we can to carry adequate self defense for our women or families or communities. But sometimes there may be options, like in the way of holsters, that make carrying something a lot easier than previously thought. That’s my experience, anyway. Maybe it’s just all this COVID blubber lol

Happy Thanksgiving y’all -
The Kimber micro is shooting great…I’m not very accurate with it yet, just need more range time with it, but it digests all my loads. My wife doesn’t like it, kicks a bit for her tastes. But she can shoot the Sig 238 all day. I haven’t fired any factory ammo through it yet. I’ve used Xtreme RN 115gr Bullets with 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 grains of Win 244 OAL 1.155. I’ve also tried 4.7gr CFE with 124gr Xtreme RN. OAL 1.155….all fed and shot as accurate as I can hold. No misfeeds or FTE. I’m using the same holster for the P238 and the micro.. I’m using 1791 IWB leather for Sig. I’ll have to admit I don't carry very often. If I go to the big city, yes, otherwise I’m selective. Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Anyone carry the Star BM? Not quite a 1911, but it’s inexpensive and reliable, at least mine has been.
I had a star BM that I carried and shot. It was a good pistol. Very heavy though for a 9mm 1911 style pistol. With the addition of aluminum framed 1911’s to my collection, it found its way into the for sale pile. However it was a good pistol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 66 of 66 Posts