1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is Glock the only subcompact .45ACP offering?!?! I don't care for Glocks, but the size (of the bullet and the gun) seems to be the right idea.

------------------
Skunkabilly Records
www.skunkabilly.com
People's Republic of California

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I really don't find the G36 that much smaller than the Colt Defender or the SA Ultra Compact. More a matter of which manual of arms you prefer.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Originally posted by Skunkabilly:
Hi,

Is Glock the only subcompact .45ACP offering?!?! I don't care for Glocks, but the size (of the bullet and the gun) seems to be the right idea.

Taurus PT-145. Short barrel, 10-capacity.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
P-12 is a pretty bad ass little gun and 13rounds to back it up mine eats everything even my half assed wadcutter reloads just got to break it in when you get it.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Double Naught Spy:
This is the 1911Forum. What do you think we think of Glocks?
The same thing I do! I come from the HKPRO forums, if you think YOU guy don't like Glocks you should see what we have to say

As much as I dislike everything from the ergonomics, to the looks, to the shootability, (even among their fullsize guns) I have to say the size is quite appealing.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I shoot all types of handguns and the Glock 30 is a very good one. Why? It is light, accurate, and doesn't recoil much.

There is another company that makes very good compact 45acp pistols. Yes, it is S&W. I like both their CS45 and Model 457. The only thing either of these pistols need is a trigger job.

Regards,

Richard

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Glock doesn't really have a subcompact .45. The 30 is closer in size to an Officer's ACP, maybe a tad larger and the 36 is about the same but with a single stack frame.

However, if you like Glocks, those are fine guns.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Take a close look at the Colt Defender, 3" barrel and light weight. Mine will eat anything I feed it and recoil isn`t as bad as you may think. I put some smooth "thin grips" on it and love them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have one of each, a Glock 36 and a Colt Defender. They are almost identical in size and weight. The Defender holds 7 and 1 and the Glock 6 and 1. I have Pearce Plus Ones for the Glock but I don't like them. They make the Glock bigger than the Colt and harder to conceal.

·
Registered
185 Posts
:cool: I am very prejudicial and extremely discriminating:eek: I love my Kimber Classic Gov't Model:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
I notice that nobody has mentioned the Springfield Micro Compact. It's fairly new on the market. It's quite small and light, but the recoil is no worse than my much heavier Springfield TRP because of the recoil spring design. It's not cheap, but it's very accurate and a great shooter.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts