1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Peak,

I was going to ask my neighbor (he works at a local gun shop) for the price this morning, but he's out of town until Monday.
If you still need the info and can wait until then, I'll ask him. Let me know.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yankee, thanks. I quess I'll call Colt and find out. I wish all manufacturers would list the suggested retail on their home sites. Some do and some don't. It gives you a starting point when you are "gun shopping.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,391 Posts
Is that the new production, with stainless barrel and Videki trigger? A local shop has had two in the last couple of months, and they were/are priced at $620.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have seen Colt 1991A1 matte black NIB selling from mid $500 to low $600 in the last month or so. I just bought my last week from an individual for $500.00 plus S&H. gunsamerica.com has them all the time.

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
Going to Colt Forum

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I should have posted here in the first place and probably would have gotten a quicker response. New question, I did purchase the gun, like it, except the look of the trigger. I own 3 other Colt 45 autos, and I'm not an invalid to minor repairs or changes. Where should I order one from, and would it be better to read up a little and do it myself or have a "smith" do it? When I do this, what else do you suggest. This is my first 1991-A1.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Howdy Peak,
I saw a matt stainless w/videcki trigger in a shop in Oklahoma City priced at $649.00. You should be able to beat that by quite a bit if you shop around.hth-TR

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try Brownells (brownells.com?), they have very large selection of parts for 1911s. I was just thinking about placing an order with them for Wilson Combat's match trigger, sear, commander-style hammer, beavertail grip safety, and extended thumb safety to go on my Colt. Price is pretty much the same as direct from Wilson Combat.

This following site has very detailed instruction on complete disassembly of 1911s. You can do just about everything yourself. I think it might belong to a member on this forum.
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1/disassembly.html

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,391 Posts
I just put a Videki match trigger in my '91A1, and it was almost a drop-in. I had to do little more than polish the top and bottom of the finger piece for a good fit.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input. Just got home from a shooting trip. The 91A1 shot great as did my Springfield full size and Glock 22. My Wilson KZ 45 is still jamming on all ammo. It would have been a perfect outing if I had left it at home. It will soon be sent back. It is very accurate when it works, half the time. Oh well, 3 out of 4!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts