1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Colt needs better QC!!!

I'll second that, and even when I got my new SS Gov't XSE back from them there were brass marks on the slide and on the rear site from extracted shell casings..........and Colt made no effort to clean them up!!! I was able to clean the marks off the slide, but the one mark on the rear site won't come off, it almost looks like a little nick? So now I'm thinking of trading it in on another 1911. It just bothers the heck out of me to know that Colt doesn't care about QC and then expects to get high prices for their products..........maybe one day they will learn, who knows!?!

·
Registered
229 Posts
To All

To All,

I'm not sure if you all read my posting right, but I was able to get the brass marks off the slide...........but the mark on the rear sight IS actually a scratch or a nick or something like that.........in other words, it is permanent and I didn't do it myself. I was just stating that I think that Colt should've caught that before sending it back to me and fixed the problem. Now, had I done that myself, I wouldn't have cared at all!!! Since I did however drop a lot of money on this 1911, I would expect that it be in brand new conditon when I recieve it!!!!!! :) And by the way.........there is absolutely no need to be rude!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Xse

Well, I gave Colt a call about the sight being dinged up and they told me that they would replace it for free........and this time they're going to send me a prepaid package for FedEx. So I guess I well end up keeping the gun afterall. I know it may take a little while to get it back, but it isn't like I have the time to go to the range right now, because I'm a student and it seems like my every waking moment is devoted to HWK. Although I did have a chance to go shooting in the Arizona desert before school started and it did shoot well. It is probably the most accurate handgun I've ever shot in my limited experience. But anyway, at least Colt is welling to make there mistake right! That's why I decided to keep it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.