1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
2005xse

It appears to me that the brass marks on the slide indicate that Colt fired your pistol to verify its operation after addressing the issue that caused you to return your pistol. To me the fact Colt did not clean the pistol is a good thing since it shows me that the above might be true, at least if the pistol is dirtier than how I sent it to them. Also, concerning the cost of Colt's labor, I would guess $70-$80 per hour, I would not expect them to spend much time cleaning a post test pistol. Would I want them to? Yes, I would. But I don't think they will, or can afford too.

Considering the "nick" on the rear sight. It may have been damaged while your pistol was at Colt, or it may have been a flaw that you did not notice which became exposed during shooting. If it really bothers you, I suggest you call Colt and explain the situation. I expect that Colt will take care of you and will repair or replace the rear sight. Tough you will probably need to send them your slide. Colt has paid for shipping, and they may here also. But, if you only send the slide, it can be shipped Express Mail which is easier and less expensive than UPS or FedEx.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
DHart

You evil person! How dare you tempt us with these vile images of Coltography! And me a thousand miles away from my favorite Colt, so I can't calm my twitching eye (which you caused by the way) :biglaugh:. You are going to force me to visit the local gun stores just to get over this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.