1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
2005xse-

I can empathize with your problem, and I too would be ticked if a brand new gun came back from warranty work with a ding in the rear sight. If that gun runs 100%, keep it. It will pick up more dings over time, which really just give it character. I know how hard it is to suffer the first ding on a new gun, but they all get them eventually. True, you should be able to expect a higher standard from Colt, but the reality is that you're probably not going to get it from them or any other 1911 manufacturer. If the sight really bothers you, it's easy to replace with a new one without sending it off to Colt. I made it a practice a long time ago to not get rid of 1911s that work 100%, no matter what cosmetic issues they might have. The only exception I made to that was getting rid of a Smith scandium framed commander so that I could afford a nice series 70 Colt LW Commander. The Smith was nice, but I wanted a gun I could pimp out the way I wanted it rather than be stuck with the 'semi-custom' mods Smith puts on their guns. Anyway, if your Colt runs and has no other issues, I wouldn't get rid of it for another gun that might have real problems.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.