1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
2005xse said:
there were brass marks on the slide and on the rear site from extracted shell casings..........I was able to clean the marks off the slide, but the one mark on the rear site won't come off, it almost looks like a little nick? So now I'm thinking of trading it in on another 1911.
This type of thinking leads to problems that never end. Most with this attitude aren't really happy with anything in life and spend a lot of energy just shifting around, trading, returning, exchanging, complaining. I've had a few customers like that... and there's nothing you can do that's quite good enough for them, no matter what you do.

Perhaps you should trade it off for a brand new Kimber and lock it in a glass case so you can just look at it. But don't try to shoot it because you may find you've just traded yourself into something you really should complain about! But as long as you leave it in the glass case, everything should be fine. Should you decide to shoot it, even if it runs flawlessly, you might get a speck of brass on the sight or something, then you'd just have to trade it off too! :rolleyes: Best not to shoot your guns... just look at them.

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
2005xse said:
And by the way.........there is absolutely no need to be rude!!!
2005xse... you are absolutely right. I'm sorry. But when I read that you were considering getting rid of the gun because of a small ding/brass mark on the rear sight I was astounded that anyone would think of such a thing under these circumstances. I'm still astounded by your statement. But we are all motivated in different ways to do different things and you are certainly well within your proper right to do with that gun as you see fit and if a small ding on the sight prompts you to dump the gun, then so be it.

I did want to make the point that dumping the gun might be akin to "throwing the baby out with the bath water" and your replacement gun may well wind up giving you much more significant headaches (reliability issues...) than your good running Colt presents. My apologies for being sarcastic.

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
2005XSE... it won't be long before you consider that Colt to be a cherished, trusted friend... if you had more experience with other 1911 brands, you would recognize that Colt has something really special in the way of 1911's and they are ultra reliable... which is NUMBER ONE. Over time you will most likely buy more Colt 1911's. Inspite of the blem or issue that pops up here and there on Colts, you should know that the same is true of all the 1911 brands. And some of the other brand 1911's that look mighty tempting in your hand will drive you nuts with their high rate of reliability problems, broken parts, and inaccuracy. Your Colt is a goodie and now you know that if you have a problem, Colt will take care of it for you.

By the way, I really love my new XSE, which I have customized a little:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.