1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a colt delta elite, any suggestions for a good warm weather concealment holster.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
10mm!, before anyone can give an intelligent suggestion you should let us know, 1: what you want to carry, 2: your normal mode of dress 3: your build and 4: what you do.

What may work well for someone that wears a suit most of the time, carries a 1911A1 and weighs over 220# will or may not work for the guy that wears jeans and tee shirts, carries a Colt Offcier's ACP and weighs 170#.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, I should of been more specific. (1)Colt Delta Elite is the gun. (3)6'0", 200lbs (but not much body fat). (2)I usually wear dress casual. I would like something tuckable, but doesn't require tucking for those more casual untucked occassions. I would love a holster that could conceal with jeans and t-shirt. (4) I can't carry at work (NASA), but carry everywhere else. Again, this is for summer time carry, I prefer my Glock20 in the winter time, got the delta elite becasue I figured it would be easier in the hot summer months in TX.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
How are you with IWB holsters? Some people can't stand them. I'm using a Sparks Watch 6 right now that I like a lot. I wear jeans or the like and t-shirts most of the time when it is warm/hot/semi-cool. As long as I stick to colored t-shirts that have some body, not the cheap thin ones, I have had no problem concealing the 1911. Golf shirts work well too because they have a texture that helps hide the pistol. Go up a shirt size and that helps conceal too.

Lou Alessi makes several nice IWB holsters as do both the Marks.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
624 Posts
10mm, Tony Kanaley's (Milt Sparks) VMll is the way to go for tuckable, and also can be used in the normal IWB mode. Extremely comfortable, and concealable.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Hi 10mm!-

For a belt supported holster, I'd definitely go with an IWB. The Ky-Tac Braveheart offers great concealability, very fast draw, secure grip angle and a sweat proof kydex barrier between your body and the gun. If you want to go extremely concealment, you may want to consider a different gun for pocket carry- such as a J-frame or P9.

Best of luck,
Joe

btw- Lou, we recently saw some of your products over at the Kahr factory- congrats on a great product

------------------
SKD Tactical Accessories
www.skdtac.com
Your source for hard-core, no-bs gear.

[This message has been edited by skdtac (edited 02-17-2001).]

·
Registered
624 Posts
Joe,Thanks a million. Did you meet my buddy
Faye? She's a nice lady.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lou,
Faye is a tremendous asset to Kahr. I've spoken with her before, but she works out of the Blauvelt office. I ran across your gear in Worcester. They've got a lot of great things in the works for new Kahr models, and have managed to turn a decrepit 1911 program into a decent firearm producer. Auto-Ordnance these days is a far cry from Auto-Ordnance of old. Keep an eye out for these guys.
Best,
Joe

------------------
SKD Tactical Accessories
www.skdtac.com
Your source for hard-core, no-bs gear.

M

·
0 Posts
10MM check out my new Double Threat holster.

It offers the wearer the flexibility of Inside the Waistband carry and On the Belt carry.

The holster is converted with ease and in IWB mode offers the wearer the simplicity of easy on/off snaps.

------------------
Waldon Holster Co.
Custom Crafted Perfection

Quality Holsters at an Affordable Price
[email protected]
www.waldonholsters.com

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
YOu can't go wrong with a strong side belt holster from Blade-tech or Fobus. Both are fast and secure.

Have used both for manyu moons and am pleased with both. If leather is a must, check out Sparks Roadrunner or the Heinie DOJ. Both are hide ride holsters and are easily concealed under a shirt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts