1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

At the time this gun was purchased in the late 80's it was all blued. However, during a trip to Florida the slide became rusted and I had it chromed and millett sights installed. Through the years it has been a constant companion both as a bedroom gun and carry weapon. Still shoots lights out, but have the urge to tweek it a bit and would like some suggestions.

Considering a round combat hammer, and maybe a full lenght guide rod with shock buffers. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess my current web site hosting photos will not work for this forum. Where do most of you guys post to insert photos?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
leapinlunker said:
Considering a round combat hammer, and maybe a full lenght guide rod with shock buffers. Any thoughts.
Skip the hammer swap & FLGR. They are a waste of time. The buff isn't a bad idea, if nothing else they seem to make the recoil feel a wee bit softer. Use the Heitt or CP buffs.

You might want the grip safety and hammer modified for more comfort, something like this:

I've always thought the Millet sights were kind of goofy, might want to try something simple like the Yost-Bonitz sights.

How is the trigger? A trigger job is an inexpensive way to make a gun nicer to shoot. If it has lots of sharp edges, you might want it de-horned & re-finished. Throw in a magwell bevel & that's all I can really think of if it is already reliable & accurate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts