1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Springfield .38 Super on Wed. and took it out on Thurs. to break 'er in. All I can say is, WOW, she's a shooter, 3" circles at 20 to 25 yards were no problem. After 150 trouble free rounds of Federal TMJ, I've decided to make this the gun for the underbed safe. I will try some Silvertip hollow points in it just to make sure she likes those too.This is a new caliber for me and we're off to a good start. I was totally unaware that Springfield still made a Mil Spec .38 super in anything but the Pimp nickle version shown on their website, which is nice, but too pricey and too flashy for me. At $579 in So. CA, I consider the parkerized version quite a bargain. Still love my 45's, of course, but needed something different to play with. I may also have a 9x23 barrel fit for it, but that may be a moot point as they are so similar in balistics. Opinions anyone?

· Registered
1,339 Posts
I was under the impression the parkerized .38Super Milspec was out of production. The PB9113L hasn't been on the SA web page in a while. Only the nickle PB9114L model.

However, it's still on the PRK approved list until September of 2006.

Congratulations and enjoy yours.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might also add that I got it at Turner's Outdoors and they had several in stock at various stores. The store I went to didn't have them, so I bought it sight unseen. It's my 3rd Springfield 1911, so I knew what to expect. This one was mfg. in '04 and is well finished and tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.