1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me some info about these? Is a new one worth $375?

Thanks.

Rich

·
Registered
523 Posts
IMHO, yes, these guns are worth it. I have 2 and I can keep up with and on occassion out shoot my budy and his Kimber Custom. He often wonders why he spent so much on his Kimber when I get the same/better performance out of my Daly.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gryphon.

Walking Point, sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say. Internet doesn't convey inflection very well....... Do you like the guns or not, and why?

Rich

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
My CD has 14,000 rounds through it so far, and I expect it to reach 50,000 for sure. How well that slide stop cut(slide) will hold up is my only real worry based on it's current wear rate. My barrel bushing cracked yesterday, so I'm wondering how long the remaining cast parts will last.

While replacing cast parts is not a big deal, my only Kimber (I prefer Colt) has run through 2 barrels (non-Kimber) with nary a broken part. I have no idea the round count since this used to be my only practice gun, but 2 worn out barrels should translate to a bunch of ammo.

My only real point is that you're not going to spend the lower amount for a CD and end up with a gun that's at the same level as a Kimber.

As to your original question, $375 is a "jump all over it" price. I've seen them running $420 locally.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Gun is for a friend who wants a 1911, but doesn't want to spring for a Kimber. Very doubtful whether he will run any more than 5-10k rounds in his life. Sounds like a deal. Thanks again.

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts