1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here run their Valor (or other fullsized .45 DW) suppressed? I'm considering buying an Octane45 for my Valor SS, and before I go through the long/expensive process was hoping to get some feedback. Mostly interested in how the fullsize .45 DW's handle suppressed, what threaded barrel you went with and how expensive it typically is to get the barrel fitted. Pictures would be great too. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I'll post a pic later, but I run my Valor with a "Drop in " Storm Lake barrel and an Osprey and it works like a charm.
The barrel isn't fitted as I tend to switch it between a couple of other 1911 hosts.
There's zero noticeable difference between the host BTW.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Marcus99: I don't run my Valor suppressed, nor my wife's PM9, but I do run my BHPs with my TiRant-9, and they run like a top. I ponied up for Barsto barrels for both. We also run her PPQ First Edition as well. No appreciable difference in function. Barsto sold the barrels extended and threaded to my pitch (the common 1/2x28).

My buddy runs his Wilson CQB with an Osprey, and loves it. He got his barrel from Wilson, I believe (?)... but they wouldn't thread it so he had to have that done locally. It was a pain in his tail, but worth it now. I was reading another thread lately and I think Wilson may now sell threaded barrels? Might also have been my mis-reading of that thread, so don't quote me. Maybe Kart might make one if you called them?

Asiparks: gorgeous setup... just gorgeous! Makes me long for my alloy BHP, which is currently off with Robar getting a new coat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts