1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about getting a new suppressor for my pistols, and would like to get the most use out of it. I was wondering if anyone has a .45 suppressor and has an adaptor to use the same suppressor for a 9mm. I know there will be some degregation, but has anyone heard it?

Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
Your not going to get alot of replies...

True supporesors are illegal. 5yrs at club fed ain't worth the hassle.

There are some other interesting setups that can mimick them, but, they are just for looks.

Take a look at FAC, they have threaded barrels and fake suppressors.

Federal Arms Company

Their page on barrel kits...

Stay safe and stay legal!!!

-Warlock

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Suppressors are not illegal, they are class III, however.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Most states allow you to own suppressors. There are steps you have to take and money you will have to give up. It requires a tax-stamp and along with that there is a $200 transfer fee.

Suppressors are easy to get, and often times they are inexpensive, most I have seen are under $500

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have two suppressors one for .45, other 9mm.
I imagine an adaptor might work. The best way is contact the manufactures for more info.

Suppressors are LEGAL, so are Full auto rifles/subguns , such as M16, Uzi, MP5,.....

·
Registered
333 Posts
unfortunatly not in michigan the last time i checked other states yes.

it would be nice to have one but im not going to pay 700 for a supressor when i can get a new gun for that price with less hassel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Suppressors ARE legal

Yes, suppressors are very legal to own, they are just an NFA item. I already own NFA items and know the drill. I was just wondering if people had experience with a .45 can on a 9mm with an adapter.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts