1911Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a word of warning--do NOT purchase from an internet site called The Product Wizard. A few weeks ago I placed an order from that site when someone listed the URL in a thread here as having good prices. Though it supposedly shipped the next day, I believe, I never received the flashlight, and I have been unable to reach any human regarding the order. If you call you hear several clicks and eventually get a machine, if you email the email comes back as an invalid address, and I have even sent faxes and still no response. I'm not sure if the person who posted the address here is someone in on this scam, but I'm doubtful that this is a legit business at this point. Just a warning so no one else gets burned...:mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe this will make you feel better, I had the exact same thing happen to me! I placed an order then no confirmation, no word, the date I should have had the light passed and the phone machine said the box was full...

Then the other day it showed up! Several days late with no explanation but at least I got my lights. To let you know I recently ordered from lapolicegear.com and found out that there customer service is great; for next time...

Ben

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I had a similiar problem with Botach Tactical several years ago. I purchased two Surefires and got one. They blamed UPS and it pretty much ended there. I never got any more out of them. Lagger Pro and Strategos (run by Ken Good, formerly of the Surefire Institute) are supposed to pretty good to deal with.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its been weeks now. Two of the myriad times I called I actually managed to get a human. Both times they said they'd check w/ shipping and get trackign numbers and call me back (the implication was that *I* could then call UPS and investigate), but they never called back either time! This is the worst business I have ever worked with.

As a point of information--Cabelas now offers Surefire's and at very good prices, and their customer service is top notch. I just ordered one from them, having pretty much written off ever hearing from the Product Wizard. I will be contesting the charge on my credit card when it appears--maybe the credit card company can get somewhere with them. I've NEVER had to use that feature on a credit card before--congratulations Product Wizard.

Anyway, if anyone's looking for a surefire--AVOID Product Wizard at all cost and go Cabelas--you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Geez, I think that might have been my posting you got the URL from. If so I'm sorry to hear you had trouble. I have never had any problem ordering from them. Ordered from them twice recently -- first a big bunch of batteries, then a 618FA and a Gunvault. Both orders arrived promptly.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I had ordered a Surefire E2e from Productwizzard before I read this thread. However, I got the items within a week, and had no problem.

I found the guy I talked to, Steve, to be polite and helpful.

Sorry you had problems, and hope it is resolved by now and in time for Christmas.

I need another light and am torn between the Surefire G2 and the Pelican M6.

Anyone with thought on this?

Jerry

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I'd go with the SF G2. The beam is better and I have heard of problems with the Pelican M6. It could just be early engineering problems with the M6, but the G2 uses a lamp assembly that has been around for at least 15 years and works great IMHO.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vandal said:
Geez, I think that might have been my posting you got the URL from. If so I'm sorry to hear you had trouble. I have never had any problem ordering from them. Ordered from them twice recently -- first a big bunch of batteries, then a 618FA and a Gunvault. Both orders arrived promptly.
It may have been, but certainly don't feel bad if it was! If you have not had any bad experiences, there was no reason not to recommend them. I hope you never felt I was holding anyone here accountable for posting the link--I was just making sure I posted about it BACK here so that if anyone else saw it they might think twice before ordering.

Anyway, as an update--after not receiving any kind of response to my LARGE number of attempts to rectify the situation, I finally sent an email where I included a link to this thread and mentioned that I would be spreading the word far and wide. That night I received a message from the owner of the company apologizing, and two days later received a flashlight. Apparently even though they had told me it shipped back in mid november, there was some sort of screw up and it was never really shipped.

Mistakes can happen with any company, it was the lack of response that particularly irked me. Like I said, though, the owner did apologize profusely and even offered to send some free batteries. The simple acknowledgement and apology goes a long way towards smoothing the situation. I'm not an ogre or unreasonable, just want to be treated the way any customer should be treated. I didn't get the flashlight in time for the specific task I had in mind for it, but I'll have it for next year.

Anyway, while I will not hesitate to make my negative experiences known if a company screws up, I am also the first to acknowledge when they try to make it right. Fair is fair.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I was going to place an order with Botach Tactical. I would appreciate any info on members' personal experiences with this company. Thanks.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mixed. When they actually have what you want they're great. When they don't it can get messy. Call first to confirm stock.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had order a C2 from them and received it in a timely manner.

Trying to get ahold of a live person to talk to is like pulling teeth.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tried to order a Surefire M3 from Botach while they were on sale and priced very low...anyway I was emailed and told that the M3 was out of stock and they would not be receiving any further but they did have some M4's available. I decided to purchase an M4 and 20 batteries for it. They were shipped promptly and without a fuss. I have since ordered batteries from them with no problems...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just make sure you order batteries from Surefire directly. You can get a box of 12 for $15. Surefire sells them at their cost, for obvious reasons.

If you note, most online dealers sell the same box for $22+ each.

PS. I just ordered my 6PN and P61 lamp from Action-Lights.com (MEI is the company name, based out of CA.) I talked to Mark there in the sales dept. He was a cool guy and knew his stuff. Definitely would order from them again. Check'em out.

Note, they did get hit hard by x-mas, so they do not have a lot of the most popular models in stock right now.

-Nick

·
Registered
445 Posts
I just got a Surefire Z2 from LA Police gear. Ordered it on 12/17 and got it today 12/23. My girlfriend asked me what I wanted for Christmas and when I told her I wanted a flashlight, she looked at me and asked, "this isn't going to be a regular flashlight is it?":D

Excellent service and great price, check them out at:

http://store.yahoo.com/policestuff/z2combatlight.html

·
Registered
33 Posts
I second LA Police Gear.

I've ordered 3 lights and a tactical bag from them. All the items ended up at my door before I expected them and cheaper than I could track them down anywhere else.

Thumbs up!

Bioguy1

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As an update, I have yet to receive any "free batteries" as offered as compensation by the owner of the Product Wizard. Not that that particularly surprises me. There again, better to just say sorry and not offer a freebie, if you're not going to actually deliver on the offer...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts