1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for a light to replace my Mini Maglite (ugh) that fits nicely into my Niteize holster. For you Surefire E1 and E2 users, how is the width of them compared to other surefires and maglites? Are they thinner than other Surefires and comparable to Maglites or are they just as fat? Thanks.

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Skunkabilly -

I have the E-1 and love it. Besides the E-2 it is much smaller in diamiter than their other flashlights. It is the same diamiter as the mini mag but is only 3" long. It also has a built in spring clip so you do not need a holster.

Try one, I am sure you will like it

MadDog

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have an E-2, same size as a MagLite (roughly), but much more light output (65 lumens for 75 minutes, I believe). Definitely a brighter, whiter, more crisp light than a MagLight, or most lights that run off of non-lithium batteries. Only problems with SureFires is that they got pretty hot relatively quickly, and it is easy to accidentally have the light turned on with just a bit of pressure on the tail cap. Ran my batteries out that way one time. Otherwise, the E2 is an awesome utility light, and depending where you buy one, it can be cheaper than the 6Zs or Z2s, and provide the same basic amount of light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts