1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 3 volt Surefire weapon light made for the 1911 pistols. I was planning to put it on my Delta Elite.

The light arrived and came without the surefire slide stop that has an extended pin for the housing to mount on. The seller on Ebay told me she would send me the slide stop as soon as possible. I started thinking that the slide stop will surely be for a 1911 .45. Will it work on my 10mm pistol?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Herman

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have one of the older Surefire M1911 mounts where the slide stop pin and the slide stop are two separate items. As I remember it, the slide stop itself functioned just fine with my Delta Elite. However, the cross bolt which does double duty as the slide stop pin was much smaller in diameter than a typical M1911 slide stop. After experiencing case failures during the first test session, the mount was removed and never installed again. (I did not have this problem with the same ammo and the original Colt slide stop.)

I keep meaning to contact a machinist/pistolsmith to see if they would turn out a custom cross bolt that ran closer to 0.200".

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Daniel. That does not sound like good news. Mine should be in this week and I hope things don't go that badly with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts