1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to hear some opinions/thoughts from anyone who has/had a surefire tact. light on thier 1911. I plan on going back to a 1911 for duty carry and would like to carry the light attached to my 1911 full time while on duty.I currently do this with my Glock since I work Night shift primarily. I have the Surefire system for my Sig p226 and it was fine . thanks!

------------------
The only thing neccessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
If I can throw in a little blurb here, have you checked out the Quik-2-See system for attaching the light to the bottom of the magazine? It is not married to the magazine, it makes the light instantly attachable/detachable. You don't have to have the light on there-- which also means you don't have to point your gun at everything you want to illuminate (potential bad PR there!). It's not hanging out there catching everything while in your holster. You can draw them together and get the light attached on the way up, adding very little to the draw time.

It is not the best thing for all scenarios, there is no pressure switch, but it's good for a lot of other reasons. www.quik2see.com... I do have an interest in this company (it's my patent).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ned, thanks for the headsup. I will have to check it out if I can find someone with one. I may have found a solution from Daweson Precision with thier litespeed rail .Also, for those interested..Streamlight is working on a 1911 mount for the M3. Hopefully ready by Winter. Either that or I just found a reason to buy a Mil Spec operator. :`) stay safe all!

------------------
The only thing neccessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts