1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Since there is no price shown, that I could see, I don't know if it was a good price or not.

The numbers are part numbers with to last number that of the manucacturer. Sorta like the byf code for WWII German arms.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought some magazines that are very similar to those at a gunshow last month. I have tried them in three pistols, a Colt 1991a1, a Kimber Pro CArry, and a Charles Daly. They worked fine in all three pistols. I paid 6.50 each for three of these mags and now that i seen how they work, i wish i had bought more of them. mine have these numbers on them..
ASSY 5508694
MFR. 1M291
The fellow selling them said they G.I. surplus. they sure seem like a real bargain.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the numbers are not far off, looks like a different manufacturer though...Crap for that money...even if you replaced the innards immediately, you'd be doin OK...I think I'll grab some and find out...It's only money.I can always use some more doorstops...

------------------

>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

·
Registered
134 Posts
I hate to bring back an old thread,but I was wondering if anyone got any of the 1945 contract magazines from ammoman and how they worked.I am not questioning ammomans reputation,I know he is 1st rate,just wondering how the contract magazines worked before I order some ?

Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As it turned out, I did not. Several others did though...Check around, I'm sure they're just fine. The ammoman is one of the good guys...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
370 Posts
i have those mags, got 4 actually, and they work real good. i even posted a thread on them a while back in this forum.

a friend bought a bag of 75 from some guy at a gun show for real cheap, he gave some and they run good.

------------------
Caspian frame + Colt parts = Col-spian? or Cas-olt?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
gyp_c (and everyone)

I have posted some information on GI Issue magazines in "What should I expect from plain Jane GI mags?" that you might find interesting. Some of this information covers how to identify the magazine manufacturer from their code number.

I hope this helps.
Str8_Shot

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Everyone

I just did a search on "1M291" and found a link to a US Army web site that has a contract to a company with this identification number. So this appears to be a true government contractor. Unfortunately I did not have the time to follow the links any further so I can't say who the company is. So we are left with the option of buying a few magazines and seeing if they are any good.

I hope this helps.
Str8_Shot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts