1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have old Colt USGI, mfg date of 1913. If I see ads for surplus mags, are they likely to be truly surplus or more likely to be crap of recent manufacture?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Numrich Arms in NY state: are they on the level? They had mags for sale, too.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Study the reference material. Depending on the SN#, 1913 Colt should have early keyhole or later lanyard loop mags. If you are lucky with SN# less than approx 30000, it will cost you a fortune to find keyhole mag (expect $400-$500 each). For later 2 tone lanyard loop mag, you can still find those on eBay for $75-$150 depending on condition.

If you don't mind, share some photos of your 1913 and people will give you further opinions.

Numrich will not have those period correct magazines.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll put this stuff up in a few days, headed south in search of big fat drum fish in Buxton, NC. My kind of fat girls.

BTW, it has a lanyard loop on the forward edge of the foot on the magazine, no keyhole..SN 59XXX

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the old 1911, serial 59XXX. Has a lanyard loop on the foot of the grip. Mag doesn't have a keyhole or any other markings. If anyone has comments about where to get OEM mags for it, I'd appreciate it.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Most Colt items in good+ condition (made before 1970s) carries a premium price and continue to rise. Your 1913 Colt is in good condition and deserve a period correct mag. Cry once and you will be happy.

Not a straight comparison to your situation, but I am seeing all pre-WWI lanyard loop mags climb up in price. I had 1913 Colt SN#28xxx and cost me $300+ to bought extra keyhole magazine in very good condition years ago. Nowadays to find one will cost me $500+. Look at what I just found out on eBay. That one is below average condition.
Colt “Key-hole” 1911 cal. 45acp type 2 Punch-and-saw magazine | eBay

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is one lanyard loop mag at low price as of now, but the feed lips are cracked.
Colt 1911 Type 3 Two-Tone Lanyard Loop magazine | eBay
But the lanyard loop is on the gun, not on the clip.

Also, I have the original clip that came with the gun. It's just not in the pic. Just looking to pick up a spare. Everything on that gun is original - the grips, the screws for the grips, and the clip. It's all there. Thanks for the valuable information.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts