1911Forum banner

Survivalists...

984 3
are laughing at those that labeled them the "tin foil hat" crowd. Have any of you reconsidered? Maybe started taking a measure or two, to prepare for an emergency. If not, why not? I'm not talking about many here, that didn't need Katrina to wake up.This is for those of you, and you know who you are, that laughed at those that took precautions. I'm not expecting you to own up to how you made fun of survivalists. I'm not even expecting you to admit you did. I'm just hoping you have LEARNED something.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
713 Posts
Peak said:
are laughing at those that labeled them the "tin foil hat" crowd. Have any of you reconsidered? Maybe started taking a measure or two, to prepare for an emergency. If not, why not? I'm not talking about many here, that didn't need Katrina to wake up.This is for those of you, and you know who you are, that laughed at those that took precautions. I'm not expecting you to own up to how you made fun of survivalists. I'm not even expecting you to admit you did. I'm just hoping you have LEARNED something.

I had kind of put the earthquake kit on the back burner... a couple of major purchases will be happening soon as well as putting all the small items in one place. canned goods, 50 gallons of water. I really need a good generator and a stockpile of fuel for everything too. It is a good idea plain and simple, not nutjob survivalist stuff. every region has it's disaster potential. out west, surviving a week or two after ' the big one' is a real and possible scenario. Ask the people in san fran anmd l.a. who were put on the streets if they are prepared for the next one.

There will be a new longarms purchase for me tomorrow as well.

· Registered
840 Posts
Katrina proves one thing

DO NOT PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET.

Have a fall back plan. Even if you were prepared, it is hard
to use your stuff when it is under water or washed away.

Also, plan ahead and keep your mouth shut about what you have.

· Administrator
17,797 Posts
There is a thread for Katrinia discussion already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.