1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SVI 2011 which is chambered in 357 Sig, I have been shooting this very well for two years placed 2nd in my state twice with it, but just keep getting pipped as I am running minor and everyone else is running major.
My current 357Sig rounds are 130 power factor and I am running a Wolff 9Lb spring.
I just started today with some new rounds running 173 power factor, i upgraded starting with a 19Lb spring than 17Lb spring now at 15Lb, I am having extractor issues, the cases are not extracting. Not everyone but of the three stages today, every stage i had two to three fail to extract.
I never experienced this problem with the 9Lb spring and Minor loads.
What are some ideas to have a look at?
Of the few that failed to extract, the cases were quite firmly in the chamber, firmer than I would of thought they should be.
Cheers

Vealy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, these are a spent case in the chamber, you can see where the extracted has pulled over the lip of the case, the case when having to remove seems quite firmly in there.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Make sure the extractor has good tension and the hook is 90* or less . Also you may want to try some slower powder, that will help to keep the pressure down, so the brass does not stick to the chamber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts