1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the new Accuracy enhanced technology barrels that Shuemann is making for SVI?I have one ordered on my new 40 cal limited Hi-cap and I'm anxious to see how it shoots.It sure seems to have several new,innovative features that I've never seen offered on a barrel.Also-How does the titainium nitrate finish hold up?

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Wil sent me several to try out. I have two in 40 and two in Super.

I like them a lot. The gain twist rifling seems to help with torque strong and weak hand.

Mine did not come with the coatings. Be advised, the chambers are BIG. Almost Glock big. I am glad I have a roll sizer.

I am not sure how much of an improvement in accuracy there is.

Hopefully they won’t break like so many of the old Schuemann’s do... We will find out in Vegas at 3 gun Nat’s.

Good luck to you. Get some.

Tom Freeman

·
Registered
181 Posts
My local gunsmith received one in 45 ACP. He told me that Schuemann guarantees 1 inch at 50 yds from a barrel fixture. I'm thinking about have my old commercial Colt rebarreled and bushing installed, but I'm not sure that the gun would really benefit with this barrels as opposed to a normal Schuemann or Kart barrel because the Frame and slide fit isn't match tight. I'm not a big fan of Squeezing and peening. Maybe I'll save up for a new slide....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just received an Infinity commander sized single stack 1911 that has a coated AET barrel in it. The fit, finish of the barrel is superb (as is the rest of the gun!) but since a stock 1911 is more accurate than I am , I cannot comment on the accuracy relative to other barrels. I have shot about 300 round through it and there is NO wear on any part of the barrel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts