1911Forum banner

Swap for a Hardened Slide

1139 23
Question about my CMP Rack Grade.
I want to shoot my pistol often but it has a typical WWII Colt slide with an untold amount of rounds.
I’m really considering trading my Colt slide for a hardened USGI slide.
Will that affect any value or collectibility? Also would it be a wise decision for a direct swap including the Flannery barrel for a chrome lined USGI replacement barrel?

Thanks for your advice.
Happy Thanksgiving

Attachments

Reactions: 4barrel
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
743 Posts
Question about my CMP Rack Grade.
I want to shoot my pistol often but it has a typical WWII Colt slide with an untold amount of rounds.
I’m really considering trading my Colt slide for a hardened USGI slide.
Will that affect any value or collectibility? Also would it be a wise decision for a direct swap including the Flannery barrel for a chrome lined USGI replacement barrel?

Thanks for your advice.
Happy Thanksgiving
Like you I too am also a shooter. Your pistol is no longer correct other than it was a as issued weapon, they are only ever correct once. Yes I would find a good hard slide and have fun with it, sell or trade the current slide too offset the cost or break even with someone looking too make there pistol parts correct. Everyone makes out in the end and there happy.

Is the current barrel roached out? These pistols were meant too be mixed and matched parts interchangeable without worry, slapped together and go.

· Registered
743 Posts
I have two pristine M1911A1’s. I really want to just have this as my shooter. I’m thinking about keeping the slide and adding another for the shooting side.
Anyone know where I can buy an extra hardened slide?
Someone mentioned CMP, and there is also Caspian if I went that direction I would go with Zero markings and just have it parked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts