1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can an oversized Square bottomed firing pin stop be fitted to the Kimber Stainless II ? Does the Swartz safety have any affect on this? Do these models in 10mm ship with 23 lb mainsprings?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I have heard that a 70 series firing pin will make the firing pin safety on Kimber ll
obsolete. I have not tried it nothing wrong with stock kimber ll

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can an oversized Square bottomed firing pin stop be fitted to the Kimber Stainless II ? Does the Swartz safety have any affect on this? Do these models in 10mm ship with 23 lb mainsprings?
Not sure which Kimber model you have and know nothing about 10mm. Someone else might chime in or you could call Kimber.. You must get an FPS hat is for the Series 80 on the II Kimbers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have heard that a 70 series firing pin will make the firing pin safety on Kimber ll
obsolete. I have not tried it nothing wrong with stock kimber ll
This is true. I have a two tone 9mm kimber II that I changed the firing pin to a 70 series. I also have a kimber series I in 9mm. I can now swap the two top ends between the two frames. They run fine this way.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Kimbers Swartz safety and the 80 series are not the same system. However a 70 series firing pin will negated the Swartz safety as mentioned above. I would and have used 70 series firing pin stops on all my kimbers. You can use a 80 series but like the Kimber factory FPS an 80 series will leave an unnecessary hole where traditional 80 series parts would be. As far as mainspring weight I’m not sure on the 10mm. Kimber should use 70 series FPS from the factory but they don’t. Read log mans sticky above about tuning Kimbers Swartz style safety to see what I’m talking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts