1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm narrowing dow my choices for my CCW. The Kimber Compact II was on my short list until I started reading about the Swartz safety and what an overall PITA it is. So it's off my list. My final choices are: Colt XSE Combat Commander, Para CCW, SIG Revolution, and STI Guardian. Do any of these have the Swartz style safety? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
If you liked the Kimber Compact, why not buy an early model before the Series-II started? They're great little guns!

·
Registered
661 Posts
If you don't like the Kimber firing pin safety, put a series 70 firing pin in it. Cures the problem very nicely.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you liked the Kimber Compact, why not buy an early model before the Series-II started? They're great little guns!
None of the gunshops I've been to has any pre-II's, nor any leads on one. I imagine they'd rather sell me a new one. I thought about Gunbroker.com but I like to see and touch what I'm buying before I pay.
As far as swapping in a series 70 pin, is it just that simple? Also from what I gathered from discussions on the Kimber section, to remove the Swartz FP you have to remove the rear sight. When I clean and maintain the gun, am I gonna have to pull the rear sight and the FP every time? Sorry about the questions but I haven't been around firearms for very long and I'm still learning my way around 1911's.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Many unsatisfied Kimber owners have simply switched to a Series-70 FP. I'd recommend finding a nice used model and not worry about it. They show up on a regular basis, and I'm not afraid of doing business online. The dishonest guys are quickly weeded out. Go to a site that allows you to post a "wanted" add, you might be surprised what happens!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks AZ!

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Had to respond to you...my youngest daughter's nickname is Gus!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had to respond to you...my youngest daughter's nickname is Gus!
Hope she likes animals.:( Gus is my 15 yr old Dachshund, and he just goes, and goes, and goes; tries to go up stairs by himself, runs from the other side of the house at dinner time ( takes him a while but he does it) So we jokingly call him Supergus 'cause you just can't stop him!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts