1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure if they're tactical but...

I love my Danner Striker II boots. After four years the soles are finally coming apart, but they are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn.

Since the Striker II is no longer available, I just ordered a cheaper pair of Danner Kinetics to try. I will also probably try the Striker Torrents as well.

My Danners have all performed well.

·
Registered
293 Posts
found a pair of 8" danner's at Goodwill some time ago. the wife either didn't know what she was donating or was pissed at her husband because those puppies were in great condition

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have some Rocky Alpha Force boots that I wore for two years and they still aren't worn out. They are very comfortable, have an aggressive look, and were not too expensive. The only downside is that they have a plastic/rubber/something membrane for waterproofing so they don't breathe well and are hot. I just got a pair of Danner Striker Torrents (I demand a waterproof boot) and they are very comfortable as well. I always heard Danner's were the best and I see why now. They are light and the Gor-Tex breathes well.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Boots, like underwear, are a matter of personal choice! Bates side zippered 8" were my everyday wear with the BDUS that we wore in CBP.

The bad thing about Danner is their idea of a 12D sized boot is an 11-1/2 Narrow. We used to get $500 a year for uniforms had to order from the supplier and buy what they sold. I have a pair of Danner Acadia 8" boots I bought because I needed to spend money or lose it. It was my second pair, ordered a 13 Wide because my first pair, the 12Ds were too narrow! Never wore them to work and gave them to the Salvation Army!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
My Danner stable consists of 1 pair Ft. Lewis, 1 pair Olympias, 1 pair Recon, 2 pairs Acadias, 2 pair Desert Acadias, 1 pair Explorers, and one other I'm drawing a blank on.

Why so many pairs? For many years Danner would sell at 1/2 off to officers/ military if they bought direct from Danner...that combined with the $125 per year our department gave meant that I was buying $300 dollar boots for about $30 dollars out of pocket. I bought a new pair every year whether I needed them or not. Sadly Danner has stopped offering a discount.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I hope not....

So, there'll be a tactical underwear thread we can all look forward to???
One would have to block any photos posted in a thread like that Burgs!

I just bought a pair of covert Tactical Texan Boots tonight...and did the wife a favor (actually me so she wouldn't yell) I didn't buy the $500 Ostrich hide boots!

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Rockets. I wore them forever! Had an old pair I put a vibrant sole on. Lighgweight and comfortable.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Danner Acadia has been the best duty boot I have ever worn. I have had Rocky, Bates, and a few others. Even went with side zippers for garrison boots in the jail (That was a bad idea). The Acadia was "good to go" for 12+ hour patrol shifts from the moment I put them on. They are not cheap, but they can be easily re-soled and they are made in the USA (which I feel good about). Try them on in person if you can as they do size a bit odd.
Tom

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
I prefer Bates, they have many different designs and colors that should fit your application.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts