1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
I had them (463 Sights) on my Wilson Protector.

Although the front tritium (green) and the two dot rear tritium (orange) setup (Wilson refers to this setup as the "Combat Pyramid") seemed to make sight-in quicker in comparison to a traditional three dot tritium (all green) setup, it's still busier than other night sight alternatives in my opinion.

In the end, I had them changed out in favor of Heinie SlantPro Straight Eights. One dot in the front, one in the rear, make an "eight", very simple...

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I have 3 CQBs, all with the sights. I think they are fine. Personally, I don't know about the necessity of the 'combat pyramid' as I never had a problem lining up my sights in the dark with all green tritium lamps (on my Kimber).

The Wilson set up works well, is quick, no frills, no surprises, rock solid.

Regardless of what brand you go with, the tritium inserts are a really handy feature to keep in mind. You might never need them, but in that twilight lighting when getting a good sight picture can be difficult, or in complete darkness, you can't beat them. And YES, I know you should not be shooting in complete darkenss, but just before the lights go on, sometimes it is nice to know exactly where things are and the tritium inserts will do that for you. They also make the gun easy to find on the night stand in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I tend to agree with Jimbo. Although I like the Wilson Combat sights, I can get back on the target a little quicker with the Heinie Straight Eights.

M

·
0 Posts
"They also make the gun easy to find on the night stand in the middle of the night."

BINGO! If for no other reason. :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hmm why two orange in rear and green in front... My "combat pyramid" is two green in back and one yellow in front:biglaugh:

·
Registered
544 Posts
scratchy,

If you are just looking for plains sight without the inserts it's called the Slant Pro series. Go to the top of the page and click on the Heinie site.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I like Novaks better. I find the Wilson sight can glare if light hits it at the right angle. The Novaks have the actual sight channel inside the sight body, rather than just on the outside surface, if that makes any sense. At any rate, the Novaks stay "blacker".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts