1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted some pics of my new Rafter S Gunleather rig on the holsters forum and thought some of you guys might like the extra pics I took of my TE...

The grips are Kim Ahrends "Tactical Cocobolo" and the grip screws are Wilson, both ordered from Brownell's.

This pistol shoots extremely well, and I do notice that I am back on target quicker due to the heavier barrel/blast wafer.

Brian

·
Registered
346 Posts
Very nice!!!! I think you made a good choice on the grips, I thought about getting a set of those......now I think you helped make my mind up for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, the half-checkering is a little nicer on the thumbs while still allowing a solid grip for the rest of the hand. Plus it looks good IMHO...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Brian,
What color are those grips? I have them on one of my CCWs (Black Ebony ones), and really like them, so I want to pick up another set in dark red (like yours), but I can't find any pictures to see what the difference is between Cocobolo, Tulipwood and Rosewood.
BTW, it's a very sharp looking piece...
Thanks,
Alex.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
very nice package, and love the grips :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
The Tactical Elite certainly is a great blaster. My compliments on the grips.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aleko said:
Brian,
What color are those grips? I have them on one of my CCWs (Black Ebony ones), and really like them, so I want to pick up another set in dark red (like yours), but I can't find any pictures to see what the difference is between Cocobolo, Tulipwood and Rosewood.
BTW, it's a very sharp looking piece...
Thanks,
Alex.
The grips are a rich brown, with a red/orange color to them. The picture makes them look more red than they really are. They are also a little darker than the picture...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Man that is a beauty. I just about fell outta my chair when I clicked on this post. I have long lusted after the TE, especially one in 2 tone like I saw a pic of the other day. Make no mistake though, I would love to have one exactly like yours. If only they weren't so darn much money.....

Nala

1 - 12 of 12 Posts