1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a tactial thigh holster for my newly aquired mil-spec Operator. I've been looking at Blackhawk but don't know if they will fit the Operator's larger frame. Anybody with any suggestions please let me know!

Also, I bought the Mil-spec Operator for $535 after tax. It was used but only had about 100 MAX blown thru it. Was this a pretty good price? I was thinking it was, but even it if wasn't a GREAT deal, I've been wanting this pistol for a long time. It was deffinately worth it for me!

Let me know any suggestions on the tactical holsters, please!

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's the safariland 6004, the size is 5691 if you get it with a insight m3/m6 attached, I don't know if they make it for sans light. I'm going to get one of these myself as soon as I deside between the M3/M6 that I have on my mil-spec operator and the new surefire light. They also make this holster in woodland and day desert for those of you who just have to match. BTW I don't work for them I just love the one I already have for my HK tactical 45.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I really like the Safariland 6004. I believe they only make it in a configuration that includes space for the light, but claim that it retains the pistol with or without the light in place.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had an SOE thigh rig when I had my Operator. It fit perfectly, but it also fit a regular Government just fine so the holster was probably just for a large frame auto. I did not like their non adjustable drop leg strap though, the rig rode too low for me. Whatever one you get I would make sure it had an adjustable drop strap. I also had an Eagle Duty Assault with the flap, it could be worn as a drop or belt holster. The only problem with Eagle is their extremely long lead time. I have had gear on order with them for over 8 months before and never received it. But they do have nice US made gear, if you can get it.

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot for the input guys. Springfield is working on my Operator right now, but when it gets back (hopefully soon) I'll start dressin' her out.

Adios

Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Madscientist,

it was actually working fine. I noticed that SOME of the Mil-spec Operators that I'd seen had the "serrations" on the front of the slide. I wasn't sure why mine didn't so I called them up. I spoke to Debbie and described the cosmetics of the gun to her and asked her if the serriations were supposed to be there or not. Without blinking an eye she volunteered an RMA# and their shipping account and told me to send it in and that they'd take care of it for me.

Since you asked, does your mil-spec operator have serrations on the front of the slide? I've seen some that do, and some that don't. I gave her the SN# off the gun and she verified that the gun had been produced in Nov '01. My only guess is that the first few production runs of these guns didn't have it. Later they may have added the serrations on the later versions?

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you mean front cocking serations, no it doesn't I may call after t-day, I am having a smith change out the saftly lever to an extended ambi and one of the slightly extended mag releases installed. I actually like the arched mainspring housing, and I have a set of the hogue rubber grips on it (I have large hands). My mil-spec is shooting low maybe 6 inches at 25 yards off a bench though when shoot it off hand at 15-7 yrd its more or less on, maybe just a touch low. Maybe it;s just me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts