1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went out to do a little rock climbing, and took along my standard carry rig (Kimber Compact - Blade Tech IWB). Once We got to the base of our first pitch (climb), I quickly found a big conflict with my carry rig and the climbing harness. I had to remove the sidearm and stow it away in my pack for the rest of the day.
Any recomendations regarding a along the side of the leg tactical holster. BTW I am a lefthanded shooter. Websites?

------------------
Don - Stanwood, WA
Kimber Custom Royal Carry

"He who is void of virtuous attachments in private life is,
or very soon will be, void of all regard for his country."
--Samuel Adams

·
Registered
469 Posts
Blackhawk has what you're looking for. I own some of their gear, though not a tactical holster yet. They have a very large variety of styles, and they have left handed versions, too. Survival Warehouse and Botach Tactical have Blackhawk holsters, and I have purchased from both of these companies. Or you can go to the Blackhawk website.

[This message has been edited by McNamara (edited 11-01-2001).]

·
Registered
660 Posts
I highly recommend the Safariland Model 6004. With a bit of practice, this rig is great. It has the rotating hood over the pistol. This model has the contured plate that butts up against your leg. This really helps keep the holster solidly in place.

It also has the good straps on it. It is definitely the toughest thigh-type tactical holster out there, in my opinion.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I agree on the Safepacker. Ralph and the guys at The Wilderness are the BEST!

Ask to talk to Ralph himself. He is an old time climber, and knows how to do it carrying a pistol. He has more stories that you have time I guarantee. But everyone of them are true. Give them a call!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts