1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a camera, one knife, and one handgun? Want to win a Benchmade AFCK?

To enter the Photo-Essay Contest at Razor's Redoubt, start by clicking here for full contest rules (Note: deadline for entries is Dec. 31, 2001):
http://pub82.ezboard.com/frazorsredoubtfrm2.showMessage?topicID=104.topic

Here's a sample of one of the entries (by yours truly)

Title- De Oppresso Liber
Featuring: Glock 23 & Busse Combat Natural Outlaw

If you want to see more of the entries, just click here: http://pub82.ezboard.com/frazorsredoubtfrm2.showMessage?topicID=106.topic

Best of luck!

Ron (guncollector)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's another sample entry (more suited to you 1911-folks!)...

Title- Classical Theory
Featuring: Kimber Classic Custom Target & SOG Bowie-1

Good luck everyone! Let us know here if you're gonna enter!

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Damn that Razor - I HATE him.

I don't have a digital camera, or I would enter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shane45-

If you have a regular 35mm camera (or any camera for that matter), I will personally be happy to SCAN, HOST, and POST your entry for you. The deadline is a ways off, so you have plenty of time to develop your pics.

Email me at: [email protected]

Note: for anyone else in Shane's situation, I can do the same for a limited number of entries!

Ron (guncollector)
Sponsor of The Inaugural Photo-Essay Contest on Razor's Redoubt

·
Registered
271 Posts
Help me out here, pick out three pics that I should submit:

*sigh* I think I need to take lessons or something.

------------------
~ ScorpioVI http://tacticalpursuits.com

[This message has been edited by ScorpioVI (edited 11-08-2001).]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they were mine, I'd post No. 1, 5, and 6.

All I can add is that your work is pretty awesome! Please post these to Razor's right away!

Good luck,

Ron (guncollector)

·
Registered
210 Posts
ScorpioVI, you SUCK!

Not only have you made it impossible for us to win the contest
but you've also made me drool all over my keyboard
!

/TCPilot

PS: I might make the sat. night action pistol shoot in SJ....

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Cool... Guess I need to take a few Pic's, time to Charge up the Batteries for the Digital

Scropio... Nice work... Shame some of them "Pop Guns" only shoot plastic Pellets

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I think Ichiro Nagata means "Scorpio" when translated!

Ron, thanks for your most generous offer - I may take you up on it, but it already appears I have very little chance!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Originally posted by guncollector:
ScorpioVI:

You sure you're not a pro?

Ron
I wish, LOL! Then I can actually buy a decent digital camera than borrowing my bosses, LOL.

Originally posted by jaydee:

Scropio... Nice work... Shame some of them "Pop Guns" only shoot plastic Pellets
The rules doesn't say anything about airsoft guns, LOL. "A. One and only one HANDGUN in the actual photo
This may be a favorite pistol, revolver, matchlock, etc. It must be a handgun." But I still have the H&K P9S and Kimber Custom if they decide to change the rules, hehehe.

Originally posted by shane45-1911:
I think Ichiro Nagata means "Scorpio" when translated!

Thanks for the compliment, guys. I took 50+ pictures and the only ones I deemed "worthy" of submitting are the above.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ScorpioVI:
ScorpioVI wrote:
The rules doesn't say anything about airsoft guns, LOL. "A. One and only one HANDGUN in the actual photo This may be a favorite pistol, revolver, matchlock, etc. It must be a handgun." But I still have the H&K P9S and Kimber Custom if they decide to change the rules, hehehe.
Ah, you are most correct. A true-to-form replica will photograph just as well as the real thing!

BTW, is that a REAL Steyr UMP in the photo background, or an Airsoft replica? I ask because I actually own the Steyr SPP (semi-auto version) and have never met anyone who owns the full-auto version.

Shane45:

Hey, don't give up yet! Don't forget there a prize for Second Pl. and we're working on one for Third.

Plus, it gives you a chance to show off your hardware if you know what I a mean.

Ron (guncollector)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Originally posted by guncollector:

BTW, is that a REAL Steyr UMP in the photo background, or an Airsoft replica? I ask because I actually own the Steyr SPP (semi-auto version) and have never met anyone who owns the full-auto version.

Sorry to disappoint you bro, but that's another one of my airsoft replicas. It's "TMP" btw. But it IS full auto, if that's any consolation, check it out: http://www.airsoftextreme.com/videos/tmpdemo.avi (They also make an airsoft SPP BTW).

------------------
~ ScorpioVI
http://tacticalpursuits.com

·
Registered
105 Posts
guncollector, who did the finish on your kimber classic? I just got my Baer back from Rocky mountain arms with there BEAR-COAT,
i had them do there camo, which is light green/black strips. looks cool to me. will send pics if and when i can get my friend to take a pic, of it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Scorp-

TMP is the correct moniker. Sorry about the typo.

Deaf-

I didn't quite understand your post until I went back and looked at my entry. The "camo"-effect in my photo is just digital hijinks. My KCCT has actually just the factory matte blue finish.

Take that pic with a knife, and requisite wording, and submit it!

Ron (guncollector)

·
Registered
210 Posts
guncollector & ScorpioVI

Now I see SJ and San Mateo. Methinks we should ALL hook up for the SJ Action Pistol on saturday night!

/TCP

·
Registered
271 Posts
Originally posted by TCPilot:
guncollector & ScorpioVI

Now I see SJ and San Mateo. Methinks we should ALL hook up for the SJ Action Pistol on saturday night!

/TCP
I'm already there, the two of you just need to show up. LOL.

------------------
~ ScorpioVI
http://tacticalpursuits.com

·
Registered
210 Posts
ScorpioVI,

Where do you get "nonFMJ" ammo for the SJ action shoot? I don't want to blow $125 buying enough golden sabre JHP for the evening. Is there somewhere affordable & local you can recommend?

Thanks,

/TCP

·
Registered
271 Posts
Originally posted by TCPilot:
ScorpioVI,

Where do you get "nonFMJ" ammo for the SJ action shoot? I don't want to blow $125 buying enough golden sabre JHP for the evening. Is there somewhere affordable & local you can recommend?

Thanks,

/TCP
What caliber? If you don't mind shooting lead there's gentleman at the local gunshows who sells .45 reloads, lead only, for $15/100. I've shot almost 200 rounds of his stuff already without a single malfunction. I keep forgetting to get his card though! There's another vendor who sells 9mm JHPs for $7.50/50. Highly reliable stuff too. That's why I'm going to the Cow Palace tomorrow, to replenish my stock.

Edited: I forgot to add. If you can't make it to the show tomorrow I'll be happy to pick up some extra ammo for you. You can reimburse me at the Action Pistol shoot.

------------------
~ ScorpioVI http://tacticalpursuits.com

[This message has been edited by ScorpioVI (edited 11-09-2001).]

·
Registered
210 Posts
Tell ya what,

I'm still not positive I can make it although I'm gonna try real hard. If you have enough ammo, I'll buy some from you tomorrow night at the shoot.

Is that OK?

/TCP

1 - 20 of 43 Posts