1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5801 Posts

·
Administrator
18,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread requested for ongoing EMP discussions...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cool :rock: Shot my 9mm last week a couple of times and now can't wait to get out again.I have to work five more 12 hour days of my three day four night swingshift.:bawling:

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Thanks for making this a Sticky!!!

the 15 re-engineered parts in the EMP:
slide
frame
left grip panel
right grip panel
firing pin
firing pin spring
extractor
plunger tube
plunger spring
trigger
magazine tube
magazine follower
magazine spring
magazine base plate
magazine base pad

The EMP's grip frame (L) is about 1/4 inch smaller in diameter than the .45 ACP Micro 1911.

·
Registered
149 Posts
An EMP thread?...I'll play! :) I just posted my first range report before I saw this thread.

Those flush fit mags from Log Man look great. I really appreciate the small details that he gets right. He will definitely be getting a couple from me.

·
Administrator
18,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quack, you change grips like most people change socks!! :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
I got an EMP 9 about 6 months ago. My first shorter than 5" 1911's.

First time out I shot it at an IDPA match. Very first shot was a 20 yard single shot. Nailed it first time, and the rest of the targets just could wait to open up holes in the 'A' zones. Worked very well.

I like it. Put some of Davidsons G-10 lizard grips on it, yanked off the ambi safety and put on a standard small tab Colt single sided safety, and of course a Ed Brown extended magazine release. That's it.

Liked it so much I just bought one for my daughter. She normally shoots a Colt Combat Elite. She stands 4'11'' and is tiny. I had to put a short trigger and super thin grips on it.

She asked me about a gun for carry. She is ready to go for her CCW.

SOoooooo, I went and bought her an EMP of her own. Haven't given it to her yet either. The guy who bought it is a Doctor, MD, friend of mine. He bought it for his wife, but she wasn't comfortable with a single action. He did get a couple of those flat bottom magazines in the mean time.

I scored the package. I will keep the two flat bottom magazines, and added the thin metal grips on the gun. I don't know anyone making a short trigger yet. I figure that the short grip, with thin grips, my daughters short fingers should work.

That's my plan anyway.

Go figure.

Fred

·
Registered
694 Posts
Chieftain...check with 10-8 Performance. I just checked their website, they show a Long trigger for an EMP they may have a short one they aren't showing on the website. You could trim a long trigger down. Just a thought.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Chieftain...check with 10-8 Performance. I just checked their website, they show a Long trigger for an EMP they may have a short one they aren't showing on the website. You could trim a long trigger down. Just a thought.
Last time I was there looking, they had a "flat" trigger but no short trigger.

Thank you.

Fred

·
Registered
687 Posts
Nice to know John and I think some what a like.

It is just that John can do it SO MUCH BETTER.

Boy is that a pretty little pistol, making a pretty little pistol much PRETTIER. I better not show John's daughter's pistol to my daughter. That could get very expensive. SIGH!

Go figure.

Fred

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I know , another noob question.
Do you lose a round in capacity with the "log man" magazine modification ? Specifically with the EMP 40 ?

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Nice to know John and I think some what a like.

It is just that John can do it SO MUCH BETTER.

Boy is that a pretty little pistol, making a pretty little pistol much PRETTIER. I better not show John's daughter's pistol to my daughter. That could get very expensive. SIGH!

Go figure.

Fred
that's why i'm planning to build/buy my son's gun this year, even though he's only 18 months old :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 5801 Posts