1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been eyeballing a few Colt Delta Elites. I know there is a version 1 and a version 2. The two I am looking at are version 1 - stainless steel. They are about $825.

What should I look out for?

· Registered
76 Posts
Hey there, I currently do not have Delta Elite but after looking for one for quite some time and not being able to afford a used one I purchased a Kimber Stainless 2 in 10mm and have been very happy.I know the price for the new Kimber was below what the asking price is for alot of used Deltas.Im sure that some of the shooters here will give you some good info on what to look for in the Deltas.

· Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,409 Posts
I'm not aware of any specific issues. Like any gun, look for abuse. If the fit of parts is loose, or factory parts have been replaced by aftermarket parts og questionable heritage, adjust value accordingly. $825 ought to get you a pretty minty gun.

· Registered
352 Posts
I have a buddy who thinks he wants to ride the 10mm train... I've also thought about a Delta from time to time. I've seen them as cheap as $650 and as much as $1100 for a stock gun depending on condition - $825 is the higher end of what I'd spend... but if I can find a decent piece in the $700 range that is still tight... it may have a new home. Problem is it won't be with me... I've got the 9x23 disease and figure I'll leave the 10mm to my buddy.

Paul

· Registered
1,168 Posts
On the Stainless guns look for gauling in the slide ways. The early guns were prone to this. The 10 and the 9x23 are nice calibers to shoot, I really like them both. The 10mm does have a lot more variety in ammo available.

· Registered
2,979 Posts
A real shame Colt decided to discontinue this gun. I bought mine used for about $350 a decade ago. The guide rod was battered, trigger was poorly fitted, unreliable with every type of ammo I tried, horribly inacurate when it did feed properly, and showed evidence of amature "kitchen-sink" gunsmithing. Sent it back to the factory to see what they could do with it. To my surprise, they fixed it and sent it back to me free of charge. It's been troublefree and chirping along without any problems ever since. Just goes to show what a great (and tough) gun it is despite all the abuse some idiots put it through.

Anyway, I would love to get a Gold Cup version if I can find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.