1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear some comments on the Target match, I know there were only 1,000 made but a shop down the street from me has one. I was thinking of getting a Gold Match or an Eclipse Target II, but when I saw the target Match I fell in love with it. I see it doesn't have the external extractor. Is this a good thing. What else makes this one so good?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I think not having an external extractor on a Kimber is a good thing. If you do a Search you will find more complains about the Kimber external extractor than all other brands of 1911s' that have external extractors combine. The three Target Matches I have seen all have looked good with the fitting of the rear sight (not their regular rear sight) and in the fitting of the beavertail. In addition the Target Match does not have the Series II Safety which I personally don't miss at all. I would say buy it if it's under $1300.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gary I put a deposit on it today, I got it for $1,199

·
Registered
307 Posts
My wife just recently purchased a Target Match and I can't stop bragging on this gun. It is, hands down, the best shooting, most accurate .45 I have ever had the pleasure of shooting.

My Dad has built, shot and owned 1911's for the past 40+ years and the first time he shot her TM, it was like the first one he'd ever shot (in his own words).

$1160 out the door.

This is hers...

Here is a 5 shot group at 15 yards using 230gr WWB from a standing, hand over sandbag posistion. That is a 1" orange sticky.

Here is a 15 shot group in a 3" shoot-n-c same scenario as above.

My wife lucked up finding this one at a Eastman gun show.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was also considering the Target Match because there's no external extractor and series II safety. My only delema is if it costs roughly $1200.00 already, why not save up another $300 and get the Les Baer Premier II?
What do you think, Target Match VS Premier II?

Steve

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
tenchu74 said:
I was also considering the Target Match because there's no external extractor and series II safety. My only delema is if it costs roughly $1200.00 already, why not save up another $300 and get the Les Baer Premier II?

Steve
Premier II's are just over $1300 at sportingarms.com

·
Registered
754 Posts
tenchu74 said:

Steve
I'm a bargain hunter and $300.00 buys a lot of ammo!!!

RC

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
The Kimber will have some MIM parts and the Baer won't if that is important to you. I also think my Baer is better fitted than the Target Match, but that's only one sample of each.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts