1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting either the pro in 40 or 45 caliber. I would like too stick with the 45 but have had people suggest not to shoot the 45 from 3 in barrlels because of its low velocity. Any thoughts on the subject would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
40 vs 45

I'm not so familiar with that model; if the 40 and 45 share the same frame, go with the larger of the two. If the 40 is smaller, than that is another factor in your equation - is this for CCW or nightstand use? I would prefer a 40 for daily carry due to its smaller configuration (again, I don't know if this is true for the Taurus), but would prefer the 45 in a full size gun . . . if size is not a consideration, you know the old saying: there is no substitute for caliber.:p
V

·
Registered
320 Posts
As I have carried a PT145 for the last 2 years,I have found no problems with accuracy from the 3" barrel. My carry load is Winchester 230 SXT's and the gun works fine with them. The only thing about the PT series that you would have to get used to is the heavy trigger, other than that it hides well in summer clothing and the full mags weighs almost more than the gun does the recoil is not bad for a small frame big bore. If you have the choice get the stainless slide version if you sweat a lot or wear a light t shirt between you and the gun. And dont worry about the expansion of the bullet from a small barrel with the right load and 11 rounds it will not be a problem if you ever have to pull it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My BrotherInLaw has the one in .45 caliber. I've shot it and like it. No problems with it for me.
My InLaw did mention something about accidently pressing the mag release when holding\shooting it sometimes. I don't know if he's holding it improperly or what.
Let us know what you go with. I'd prefer the .45 of the two.

·
Registered
320 Posts
yeah that has happened to me a few times, I have contacted pierce grip to see if they are or would make a finger extension for the mags on the PT145. Their reply that it highly unlikely that they would make one at this time. So in the mean time I found that slightly droping the middle finger on the grip seemed to keep this from happening again. This problem seems to happen to shooters with big hands but is overcomeable with practice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.