1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to you guys I have renewed my interest in revolvers. I recently bought a S&W M60 3" 5 shot 357 mag and a S&W M686 4" 6 shot 357 mag. Both are fantastic guns and are highly recommended.

I have come across a Taurus Tracker Total Titanium 4" ported 7 shot 357 mag. I can buy one new eventhough this model is now discontinued. I have not handled this particular one yet, but a 6" stainless Tracker I handled had excellent lock up, gap, timing, trigger, sights, grips, and action. I think this model is not popular because most people want heft in a gun of this type or may distrust the new material. Do you think this revolver will have any collectable value in the future? In the mean time it would be great range gun and would be light enough to easily carry in a vertical shoulder holster.

I never considered a Taurus before, but the recent Taurus revolvers I have handled seem quite good if not excellent, so I am willing to give them a shot. This would be a gun to keep and shoot, not an investment.

·
Registered
23,211 Posts
Sort of apples to oranges, but I bought a 5 shot .45 ACP Tracker. It was ported and the Totally Titanium one is not, and it took me a long to find a Totally Titanium one NIB at a gunshow. I think there quality is good for what you pay for them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 5 shot capacity makes a lot of sense as they can fit a 44/45cal cylinder into what Taurus calls a compact frame. Also when a cylinder has a odd number of holes (5 or 7), the cylinder notch is between the chambers where the metal is thick. On a six shooter, the notches are at the thin areas of the cylinder.

I like those 45's. Any reason why they discontinued the Total Titanium 357 Magnum? Maybe the cost of the material went up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts