1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I purchased a taurus Millennium Pro 9mm and I am very pleased with it. Does anybody have this firearm and what was your oppinion on it ? I fired about 50 rounds and not one malfunction!!! That says alot when my Spingfield Armory 1911 wouldn't fire two mags without jamming.The Taurus is very compact and it still holds 12 rounds in the mag. If anybody has this pistol share you story

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
tmp

I have had the pt-145 for 5 years now and thousands of rounds through it with NO malfunctions. Its a great little gun. Its so reliable, I use it as my off duty!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had both the PT140 and PT145. Both have been excelent handguns with zero problems after I found the right ammo for the PT145.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been carrying a PT145 MP for a while now, it is my favorite for carry all said and told. It's also one of the few that new shooters can transition to .45 with and not have the typical intimidation they have with larger framed 45's. All said and told a worthy little addition to any collection so long as it is a newer Generation 3 one.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
The other day I purchased a taurus Millennium Pro 9mm and I am very pleased with it. Does anybody have this firearm and what was your oppinion on it ? I fired about 50 rounds and not one malfunction!!! That says alot when my Spingfield Armory 1911 wouldn't fire two mags without jamming.The Taurus is very compact and it still holds 12 rounds in the mag. If anybody has this pistol share you story
I thought the .45 version was a neat concept but the early "Millenium" had their share of issues (frames cracking mostly) that scared me away. The Millenium Pro is the newer version and since worked out the bugs. Sorry to hear about the Springfield, did ya ever figure out what the problem was? Break in? Mags? Extractor tension? Reloads? Did you send it back to Springfield? I'm sure they'd take care of it, they've got great customer service.
Congrads and enjoy:rock:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
My 13 year old daughter saw a pink framed one at Gander Mountain just before Christmas. She has been pestering me to buy it for her ever since. Apparently Gander Mountain is the exclusive US retailer for the pink Millenniums and offers them in at least 380 and 9mm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought the .45 version was a neat concept but the early "Millenium" had their share of issues (frames cracking mostly) that scared me away. The Millenium Pro is the newer version and since worked out the bugs. Sorry to hear about the Springfield, did ya ever figure out what the problem was? Break in? Mags? Extractor tension? Reloads? Did you send it back to Springfield? I'm sure they'd take care of it, they've got great customer service.
Congrads and enjoy:rock:
I did a complete overhaul on the springfield and used all wilson parts.I think that might void any warrenty :biglaugh: The main problems are gone but I still have some small bugs to work out.
I shot a whole IDPA match a couple of weeks ago without a single jam though!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Taurus MP111

I have had one of these for almost 3 years, carry it in colder months on a daily basis . It always goes bang (500 +) to date and is easy to carry. So far it shows very little wear. would recommend it to anyone. However I am thinking of getting a 40 S&W compact like a glock 27 etc. As a replacement as I am 63 ,and want one high quality gun that will last for the rest of my carry days

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't know I was going to get one and got scared away when I heard after 1000 rds they get stress fractures from slide being a fraction to small then frame a manufacturers defect, who knows how true it is but scared me off!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I guess I was the unlucky one. I bought one (Pt-145 Millimun) soon after they came out and had all kinds of problems with it. The frame broke twice and the gun had a lot of failure to fire's. I sent back to Taurus twice and they claimed to have fixed it both times, but they didn't ever fix the FTF's. I finally traded it in on a Para-Ord LDA C7.45.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I traded in my Glock 17 for the PT 145. I love it. I also have a Para p-12 that I was carrying "mexican style" in my waistband of my pants. The Taurus is awesome. I haven't put alot of round through it but man is it smooth. I wasn't aware of the Heine sights so my first grouping was a foot short but tight at 10 yards. I've since read up on how to use the sights and have no problems clustering. I really, really like this gun. Perfect balance, weight, size. It doesn't get any better. Thank you Taurus. Don't hesitate to buy this gun. The problems have been worked out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts