1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was "coon-fingering" (I love that phrase!) a Taurus P-140 Monday evening. The dealership didn't have a P-145 in stock yet, which is what I really went to see.

The P-140 felt really nice in my hand, the price was right, and I was tempted. But I'm still intrigued by the P-145.

Has anyone seen, fondled, or shot one? If it is as good as it's little brother appears to be, it will be a really nice little 10+1 carry .45.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have a PT-145. Capacity is very nice. Trigger pull is long and pretty harsh, but I could still fire accurate enough for my own personal "feel good". It makes a great IWB gun because it has a short barrel. Shorter barrel than the mini Glock 45s. No IWB leather available yet, that I've found. The Uncle Mike's IWB holster stinks, but is minimally usable. Recoil is pretty harsh. Hasn't jammed in 200 rounds, but I've only used FMJ. Field stripping is easy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought a PT145 about a month ago. Never had a feed problem of any kind. I fed it my handloaded 230gr golden sabers and 230gr lrn black bullets. They were the same load I use in my 5 inch Kimber. The trigger put is long and hard but has started to smooth out. Recoil was not as bad as I expected from such a light gun. I have not seen any of my hollow points expand when shot through the pt145. So I cant see spending extra money on hollow points, if they are not moving fast enough to expand.
My pt145 it on the way back to the factory, because the polomer frame has two hair line cracks below the serial number. I have only had a chance to put about 500 rounds through it. When I called taurus and told them about the cracks they said send it back and they will replace the frame. They never asked any questions or seemed the least suprised. I'll wait to see if they fix the probelm before I pass judgement on them.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Someone at the range let me shoot one and I didn't care for it very much...Terrible trigger and marginal accuracy..(at least in my hands)...

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
IMHO, Taurus doesn't seem to make a very good handgun. The revolvers I've shot aren't all that accurate to me, and the Pistols just seem poorly made. A friend had a PT-945? the .45 that kinda looks like Sig to me. Anyway, after about 100 rounds when he first got it, the gold coloring on the safety was wearing off, the safety had too much overtravel and I could push it past the stop, and the disconnector bar on the right side broke! For the advocates out there, I do understand that this may have been a fluke gun, but the overall workmanship just seemed to be below my standards. I have no problem saving a hundred or so extra and buying a Glock or maybe a Kahr. Just my .02 worth. Have a great Thanksgiving all!

------------------
"Double-action in an auto pistol seems to me an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem." -Jeff Cooper G&A mag Oct. 1973

1 - 6 of 6 Posts