1911Forum banner
601 - 620 of 807 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
PT1911 SS with a few mods

My first 1911 format pistol . . .

New PT1911 SS with Ed Brown wide single safety, Smith & Alexander one-piece mag well and main spring housing, Operators II Predator Green G10 grips and grip screws from VZ Grips, and Wilson Combat Elite Tactical mags.

I buffed-out the frame, slide, barrel, barrel bushing and guide rod with Scotch-Brite light grey #07448 pads. Happy with the way it turned out.

Looking at just a few more modifications . . . ;)

Here's a few pics:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here you guys go...
PT1911 slide with caspian raceready reciever
wilson combat comp. that works amazing esspecially for my 45 super rounds
and yes this is a full time 45 super thats all I shoot out of it and it rocks (130yd shots with only 6" of drop in a 200gr hollow point)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
My PT1911. Only swapped out the guide rod with the GI shorty and plug from Ed Brown so far, my extractor broke this weekend, so Ive got the Ed Brown hardcore on the way from brownells, I really need some VZ grips soon.

In action:

And my two purty ladies:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ok NOW I'm done..lol

Recieved my Wilson Combat s/s full length guide rod to replace my blued one.
EGW conceal barrel bushing
EGW long nose guide rod plug (not pictured) The wilson combat one is pictured.

Last one. DONE SON!

-Nigel

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW . . . nice looking. I like the finishing touches you've added!

Just curious, can you tell me what model and size EGW brushing you installed?

THANKS! ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
WOW . . . nice looking. I like the finishing touches you've added!

Just curious, can you tell me what model and size EGW brushing you installed?

THANKS! ;)

Thanks!

This is exactly what I purchased:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/15...g-carry-bevel-1911-government-stainless-steel

ZERO and I mean ZERO fitting with this. I can no longer put it in like the stock with my fingers and barely any effort however when I use the taurus bushing wrench it slips right in.. no effort as far as tying to muscle it in, just very hard to do it with fingertips once you get the recoil spring and plug in. After that it's solid. Only thing I kind of wish they would have done was chamfer the inner part of the bushing where the barrel slides back and forth. It's a pretty sharp edge from the factory so I just took my time and sanded it smooth a little bit to take the bite off.. Seems to be very good now, just gotta take it to the range and then I can report back if it made the group tighter.

-Nigel

·
Registered
103 Posts
DuraCoat WWII O.D. green frame and HK Semi gloss Black slide.Wilson Combat concealed carry safety, Fusion Firearms bar stock Ignition kit, Wolff springs, Hogue grips.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two New Duracoated Taurus PT1911 Pistols

These are two 1911 pistols that my nephew and I Duracoated with our favorite colors. My 1911 is on the right and it is, as far as I can tell, one of the only vivid green 1911s out there with matching green grips. The color of the frame and slide is CADPAT Light Green and Matte Black accents for the grip safety, safety, trigger, slide release, etc. My nephew's 1911 is Coyote Brown with Matte Black trigger. Both of our grip are RAASCO Grips (Nephew's are Royal Jacaranda and mine are Evergreen Camo) It turned out very nice with the exception of putting it back together. The pictures aren't as nice as other on this thread, but they'll do.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nice duracoating on those. the Green looks much better than I would have thought with the black accents.
Now a quick question....
Why is it that every Silver colored PT1911 I've ever seen still has Black sights?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm sure I'll get some crap for this from the purists, but I think they look and feel sexy!

601 - 620 of 807 Posts