1911Forum banner

701 - 720 of 802 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
So here is mine. Started off as a plain jane basic blued pt1911. I started by sanding sides to include the beavertail with 600 grit sandpaper all in one direction giving it that machined look. I polished the barrel and also polished the barrel bushing. I then added the following parts by fusion firearms: K-hole trigger, main spring cap, magwell, stainless torx grip screws. Also added a skeletonized hammer from my local gun shop, a Wilson Combat heavy duty main spring, Raasco grips, and a pierce finger grip insert. Not pictured are 3 Chip McCormick mags w/pads, a kydex holster for the gun and a separate for the mags both in a carbon fiber finish. Enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So here is mine. Started off as a plain jane basic blued pt1911. I started by sanding sides to include the beavertail with 600 grit sandpaper all in one direction giving it that machined look. I polished the barrel and also polished the barrel bushing. I then added the following parts by fusion firearms: K-hole trigger, main spring cap, magwell, stainless torx grip screws. Also added a skeletonized hammer from my local gun shop, a Wilson Combat heavy duty main spring, Raasco grips, and a pierce finger grip insert. Not pictured are 3 Chip McCormick mags w/pads, a kydex holster for the gun and a separate for the mags both in a carbon fiber finish. Enjoy the pics!

A work of art man!

·
Registered
1 Posts
PT1911 with Wilson Combat bulletproof bushing, full length guide rod, sear, disconnector, 19lb hammer spring, and hammer. Cylinder and Slide reduced weight sear spring and light weight trigger. Raasco tactical fluted green phenolic grips with a thumb notch. Have a Smith and Alexander magwell on the way and new VZ operators to go along with it. Hope everyone likes it! Oh and using Wilson 47D mags in it.
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/jhwarthog/IMG_0299_zps5c63a81b.jpg

·
Registered
705 Posts
New to me ss pt 1911

Here is my ss pt1911. I got it used but it didn't look used much. I got some vz grips ( thanks mike) polished the flats of the slide a little May change the hammer and put a single sided safety on it. Not sure yet though.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Folks, Thanks for posting those sweet PT' 1911's, we can't get these in Ca.
Only through SSE' or Private Transfer at FFL's. They are RARE!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just got my Taurus SS PT1911 ....

So far I just have about 150 rounds down the pipe with no issues. I tried about 5 different brand magazines from 7-8 round capacity also no issues. I'm going to remove the ambi safety and also looking at installing a GI guide rod and replacing the guide rod plug with a SS closed one. I already ordered some different grips from Black Mountain Designs

Cheers
Ron

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just in stalled new grips

Here is a quick pic of mine with the newly installed Black Mountain grips. I was surprised on how comfortable they are and the grip from the cuts in the aluminum. Waiting for the new GI guide to replace the FLGR and a new closed SS plug.

Cheers
Ron

·
Registered
15 Posts
When people quote someone, you guys should take out the photos unless it's really necessary (if possible).. Seeing the same photos over and over is kind of pointless in a "picture thread"

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
When people quote someone, you guys should take out the photos unless it's really necessary (if possible).. Seeing the same photos over and over is kind of pointless in a "picture thread"

I like it. Saves from having to refer back several posts to see what the guy is talking about.
Certainly nothing to complain about - especially on your second ever post.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Now that is a bunch of mighty fine !ooking pistols. Got my new PT1911 PBL today. Sold as a Talo though I don't have any reaaon to believe it is. I have nothing indicating a Talo model ever existed. Just wanted a polished blue one. Never saw a PT 1911 in real life. Cop buddy of mine brought his over the other day and we did some shooting and troubleshooting on my new RIA. I was very impressed w/ his so I pulled the trigger on this one. Never had the 80 series. We'll see how it goes. "They" now say doing a complete disassembly voids the warranty. Gonna do it anyhow to do my thorough cleaning and lubing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine PT1911SS W/Pics

PT1911SS w/ WC Bullet Proof Slide Lock, Mag Release, Drop in Compensator, and Custom Rosewood Grip. Coming Soon : BP Blue Ambi Safety, Trigger Kit and Tact Hammer

701 - 720 of 802 Posts