Beautiful. Once done sanding, did you have to do anything to protect the bare finish?So here is mine. Started off as a plain jane basic blued pt1911. I started by sanding sides to include the beavertail with 600 grit sandpaper all in one direction giving it that machined look. I polished the barrel and also polished the barrel bushing. I then added the following parts by fusion firearms: K-hole trigger, main spring cap, magwell, stainless torx grip screws. Also added a skeletonized hammer from my local gun shop, a Wilson Combat heavy duty main spring, Raasco grips, and a pierce finger grip insert. Not pictured are 3 Chip McCormick mags w/pads, a kydex holster for the gun and a separate for the mags both in a carbon fiber finish. Enjoy the pics!
thank youThat is one great looking pistol bubba! Nice work.
I have not yet, have heard you need to do a clear coat from duracoat or ceracoat. I'd recommend clearing it if it would be out in the weather/elements. So far I haven't had any issue but will definitely give you guys an update if I run into any.Beautiful. Once done sanding, did you have to do anything to protect the bare finish?
Mine is starting to have an issue with the ambi safety sepperating. Is this what you are talking about? If so did you ever find a remedy to the problem?While I am trying to get a picture up I was wondering if any one has had problems with the safety falling apart during shooting?
Now I definitely want to try this.Hey thanks man. For removing it...ALOT OF PATIENCE! :biglaugh: But no really, I just used sand paper. Been a year ago & the cerakote has held up well. It was simple to do really as far as removing the lettering, just takes time since the Taurus engravings are pretty deep.
I taped off the front & rear cocking serrations, then put the slide in a padded vise. Started with 150 grit and just started sanding trying to keep the motion straight back & forth. Then once I got most of the lettering down I moved up to 400 grit, then 600, then 1000, & finished it off with 2000 grit. It came out with a mirror finish. I put a little drop of oil every now & then as I sanded but I dont feel that its a necessity. After that I just used my airbrush kit that I've had for other projects(cars, trailers, etc) & sprayed all the parts after a full disassembly & let them cure then slapped it all back together. And I LOVE it. Some people cringe at the thought of sanding a good slide but once you get started kind of have to keep going. But its really easy just takes a little courage. Sorry for the long post & hopes this helps you or anybody else. Any more questions feel free to pm me.