1911Forum banner

801 - 807 of 807 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
My PT-1911R Frankengun...

When you’re out a couple months on medical leave and get restless.
7” Roto barrel, wide link, home shop bushing and compensator.

·
Registered
All my guns were lost in a boating accident.
60 Posts
How does it shoot Tim? That thing should to be a tack driver. Any way you can mount your front sight out on that comp to increase sight radius??? Sure would be a big benefit making it that long and further enhance its tack driving ability.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a buddy that bought a Taurus 1911 and was very disappointed with the accuracy and trigger. He brought it to me and I customized it to his liking and fit it with a Brown bushing, Cylinder and Slide trigger/sear and a TRL Light/Laser. He absolutely loves the gun now. Here are a few pictures.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It’s a really comfortable and fun gun to shoot. With the added forward weight of the compensator on the long barrel and the somewhat limited effect of the compensator from a low pressure cartridge, it has almost no perceived recoil. The fat grips help too.

It certainly shoots better than my arthritic hands and old eyes.

One does not think of Winchester white box 45ACP ball as a hot cartridge. The comp is not threaded on. It has 4 pins. When I first attached the comp to the barrel it had only 2 roll pins holding it in place. Before the first mag finished the comp was 30 feet down range on the floor. The roll pins were shredded. It now has 4 solid pins and has many trouble free rounds through it.

801 - 807 of 807 Posts