1911Forum banner
121 - 140 of 807 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry it took so long...

Been havin' her for a few weeks now, but didn't want to post pics til my comp came in.
Well... It came in tonight and....!!! Here it is!!!
Hope you like it!!! :biglaugh:

(If this takes up too much bandwith or whatever for the post, just tell me and I'll cut some pics.)

What do ya think?!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks Good Congrats!!

you shoot it w/ the comp yet? let us know if it actually makes a difference?
I just got it/installed it tonight. I will hopefully find time to shoot it this weekend.
I will definitely keep you updated on how it performs.

I will say this. There is s NOTICEABLE weight difference with the comp. Definitely makes the gun front-heavy/heavier.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got it/installed it tonight. I will hopefully find time to shoot it this weekend.
I will definitely keep you updated on how it performs.

I will say this. There is s NOTICEABLE weight difference with the comp. Definitely makes the gun front-heavy/heavier.
i've done some extensive research and i don't think the comp will do anything (except look friggin sweet) and isn't the 1911 heavy enough already?!

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well.. Mine will not do much, to tell the truth.
But higher end comps, I know, help a lot.
Comps such as: http://www.gunaccessories.com/1911/kings/CompKits.asp
i should have been more specific. i meant the muzzle breach compensators such as that one. the ones that are the size of the OD of the barrel. if the comp is matched with the ID of the barrel, (and screws on to the barrel itself and not repaces the front bushing) it shold serve a purpose. .45 is still only an 800fps round. it would help much more in say 9mm

·
Registered
30 Posts
i should have been more specific. i meant the muzzle breach compensators such as that one. the ones that are the size of the OD of the barrel. if the comp is matched with the ID of the barrel, (and screws on to the barrel itself and not repaces the front bushing) it shold serve a purpose. .45 is still only an 800fps round. it would help much more in say 9mm
Understood.
And that is correct.

·
Registered
30 Posts
thanks lost a lot when I had to convert it to JPG, and load it onto photobucket...

it is a sexy gun though isn't it:)
Indeed it is.

UPDATE!:
Today was the first time I shot my PT1911 with my new comp on it.
I must say, though I didn't think it recoiled much BEFORE.. There is a noticeable difference with the compensator. It may just be the extra weight from the block of stainless steel on the front of the barrel or it may be actually functioning.

Accuracy has increased a tad, as well. I shot a (4-shot) 1.5" group at 10 yards, which I am very pleased with. (I know, I know.. No pics = no proof..) I promise I'll keep my targets next outing. ;)

Just thought people would wanna know. :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very nice Trijicon!
You did it all yourself?

·
Registered
30 Posts
:biglaugh:
Nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There seem to be enough people here that own the PT1911 to start a picture thread :)

Please keep coments to min. tnx

First 10 peaple to post a pic get a free pat on the back... :biglaugh:

EDIT: I already ordered my PT1911SS and will sure post some pics when I get it! :rock:
Check out my 1911 T-Shirts and other products!

Hey, those T-Shirts look like my favorite gang sign !!!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'll add mine to the pics, just finished her up today w/ the Gun-Kote.

That looks damn nice - well done.
You should do a step-by-step write up on that. I'd be very interested in doing something similar when I get my Taurus. I was thinking more of getting a stainless and "accenting" it with OD on the trigger/slide lock/hammer/grips/etc.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That looks damn nice - well done.
You should do a step-by-step write up on that. I'd be very interested in doing something similar when I get my Taurus. I was thinking more of getting a stainless and "accenting" it with OD on the trigger/slide lock/hammer/grips/etc.

Here you go, I did a DIY on a local AZS sight... http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=64706&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Takes you through what I did... I used Gun-Kote from Brownells (aerosol rattle can type)

Was a fun project and took about 1/2 a day. I did the trigger / barrel / grip safety the following weekend.

121 - 140 of 807 Posts